• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. There's plenty of places to discuss these topics elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Gold in my guitar?

IMG_20190309_123530.jpg

Yup, took about two hours to complete the whole project. 99% noise free now even in my electrically noisy recording studio. Modded my 5 string yesterday, added a bypass switch so I can switch between active and passive mode, plus center position is off for muting the guitar.

I have a $100 chinese p-bass with quarter-pound pickups and flea edition ghs boomers thats been fret leveled/crowned/polished, and an ibanez gsr 5-string. Also in the house is an ibanez rs series and a chinese telecaster clone, that is also fret leveled. Fret leveling is a long tedious process, but it makes the cheap guitars play better than most of the expensive guitars do when they're brand new. Time to save up for a set of electric drums, and a midi keyboard.....

IMG_20190309_131939.jpg

Its ok. Everybody assumes I'm a hippie pothead when they see me, because i have long curly hair and a full beard.... They're not totally wrong, marriage and kids changed my priorities. As for my taste in music, almost anything, bit i am a metal head at heart, though i do listen to a lot of modern pop music, but mostly perform modern rock and metal. I've been playing intruments since i was 5 years old, i can play more than 30 different instruments. My favorites are bass guitar, drums and bass clarinet (for jazz music).

Back