• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Smoky air again, but the chores are still waiting. These 90*F temps don’t help. Dr. appt. and the dogs today, so I should have time for jam. I’ve been fighting Japanese beetles on the hyssop, and they have migrated to the peaches.
Have a wonderful day and stay safe and busy.
I try so hard to make pepper jam. In the 3 years I’ve been trying to attempt it, it has never fully set. I just need to recognize my shortcoming and leave that one to others who are in these areas.

Good morning. It's 75 on its way to 95. Busy times. Totally slammed at work today. I've got contractors starting today on a major remodel project (bathrooms and kitchen). I need to show proof of a negative COVID test to get into Canada for our fishing trip. I have that scheduled for tomorrow. The garden is going crazy and we're inundated with pods. I have no time to sell SFRBs yet. I guess I'll start that over the Labor Day weekend. I need to mow before Friday. Got to fit that in too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Another hot day, on my way at to the CG to water and probably harvest a few. We’re taking a friend to have another cancer cut from her back, I’m learning to have medical procedures done earlier in life so I won’t have to be in her state of panic. Harry, enjoy your fishing trip and know the garden will be great when you return. Sic, feel better. Take a long rest from chores. Lanruth - in making pepper jam, follow the recipe exactly, try powdered pectin, increase the canning time, depending on your elevation.
Have a wonderful day and stay hydrated.

Feeling better. Off to the stables, mowing the grounds and cleaning up a creek. Water is finally down so I can drive the side by side through it. Going to be a pain as I need my clearing saw to take care of most of it as its mostly dog fennel. Going to be a long day. Still hot and humid. Be safe out there and good morning.

This morning I did something a rarely ever do. I went out to the garden and got on my hands and o eyes with zero pain. It was amazing! It’s like having my life back. I’m hoping these injections are long lasting. Right now I’m just looking over my property with some coffee and enjoying the 70 degree weather. Life is good.

Attachments

• F0787B62-0F87-4612-A34B-6408F6CDBDDC.jpeg
    F0787B62-0F87-4612-A34B-6408F6CDBDDC.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 51
Good morning. It's 75 on its way to 95. Broken record. Extremely busy work schedule today. Leaving in a couple hours to get my COVID test too. Started mowing last evening .... I'll finish this evening. I'm tired of mowing. My wife is headed to her sisters for a girl's night ..... I'll be on my own. Got lots of pods on the plants. Looks like all 100+ plants are just covered in pods. I will try to pick tomorrow morning. Off to Canada tomorrow afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. I spent yesterday at the dermatologist w/my friend having the last of her cancer removed. Don’t put things off - I’ve now learned this lesson. I’m probably making pickles today, and tomorrow, ad. infinitum. Or giving away more cukes.
Glad to hear Sic's feeling better. Harry, enjoy your fishing trip and relax a bit. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 75 on its way to 95. Broken record. Extremely busy work schedule today. Leaving in a couple hours to get my COVID test too. Started mowing last evening .... I'll finish this evening. I'm tired of mowing. My wife is headed to her sisters for a girl's night ..... I'll be on my own. Got lots of pods on the plants. Looks like all 100+ plants are just covered in pods. I will try to pick tomorrow morning. Off to Canada tomorrow afternoon. Be safe and be good.
70-91 here.

Attachments

• A881F6FC-FDD1-4DDC-A682-B9684A560EDE.jpeg
    A881F6FC-FDD1-4DDC-A682-B9684A560EDE.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks Catherine, Harry enjoy your trip. Im from Watertown NY which is 30 miles from Canada surrounded by little villages. Fisherman come from around the world to salmon fish. Its like a war zone during season. We would go to the rivers to watch the fights every year,lol. Off to mow. Yall be good and have a great day . Good morning.

Last edited:
It’s beautiful this morning. It’s 69 degrees outside with the forecast predicting low 90s later. This is my favorite part of the day. Just sitting out by my garden. Looking at my plants. Drinking my coffee and just enjoying the stillness and quiet. That will soon be interrupted by two small boys and a wife. It’s crunch time today. We have to finish our packing and fly out early in the morning to start our family vacation. 9 days of tracking from Phoenix north into Wyoming. It’s going to be beautiful. Also…. The only alone time I get will be a hotel bathroom with someone knocking at the door saying “I have to pee!” Oh well, it will still be an amazing trip.

Good morning. It's 74 on its way to 94. Sic .... I remember Watertown .... I'm from Rochester. Light schedule this morning and then my trip starts. Got all of my COVID stuff in order to cross the border. Finished mowing. This year has unbelievable with the grass still growing. It's getting old. Looking forward to fishing. This will be our 35th trip. Packing the vehicle and heading out by mid afternoon. Grilling and beverages at a buddy's this evening. He's about 3 hours northeast of here. Arriving at the border tomorrow evening. lanruth .... sounds like a great trip. It was tough but I convinced my wife to pick pods while I'm gone. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 74 on its way to 94. Sic .... I remember Watertown .... I'm from Rochester. Light schedule this morning and then my trip starts. Got all of my COVID stuff in order to cross the border. Finished mowing. This year has unbelievable with the grass still growing. It's getting old. Looking forward to fishing. This will be our 35th trip. Packing the vehicle and heading out by mid afternoon. Grilling and beverages at a buddy's this evening. He's about 3 hours northeast of here. Arriving at the border tomorrow evening. lanruth .... sounds like a great trip. It was tough but I convinced my wife to pick pods while I'm gone. Be safe and be good.
My neighbor is watching mine. We both started growing at the same time. So we help each other with them a lot.

Good morning. Have a wonderful vacation, guys. Enjoy the scenery and great food. September will soon bring cooler temps to enjoy the garden. These 90+ degree days aren’t for me. I made pickles yesterday as the cukes are getting away from me. One of them was 2.5 lbs. - must be the heat. Company picnic today, maybe peach jam. Have a great day and enjoy your harvests.

Left over pizza for breakfast then the wife and I are going on a bike ride. Plenty of errands and chores this afternoon. Have a great day and good morning. Still hot and humid,lol.

Good Saturday morning. Today is our anniversary so we’re all having lunch downtown at a Brazilian restaurant. First come the chores and maybe peach bourbon jam tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Enjoy your vacations.

Back