• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Its 74F (23C) on its way to 90F (32C). A very nice morning and a much cooler day with storms forecasted for this evening. Doing the daily garden grind. Harvesting, weeding and fixing anything that needs fixin'. The grand kiddos will be here this afternoon through the weekend. My buddy is coming over this afternoon to pick up his kayaks. Fish fry tonight! Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning.

Hot with more hot today.

Going to get some exercise today. My friend wants to go metal detecting. I don’t think I’ll be doing much crawling on the ground with my knee. But it will be fun to go out and swing for a little bit.

Found a 65 ford f100 with a 390 or 352 amd 4 speed manual in her. I’m guessing 352. Haven’t decided on if I’m going to buy it yet. I’ll look at it today.

Finished my lean to. Almost. I still need to cut a door. That’s about it for me.

Sic, a good ole fashion micro dose may do the trick. Colorado has legalized the Magic mushrooms for such an occasion.

Have a good day and stay in the shade.

Morning all - no head hurty here, although wine was drunk.
Huge amount of fun yesterday and lots of silly games with water was played, I got soaked :lol:
Anyway this a.m. off bee keeping with my French friend - I forgot I had promised to do this yesterday and she nearly caught me in my pjs
Catching up on chores etc. then I'm running some fun and games for charity this evening.
Have a good Saturday, thank goodness it's Sunday tomorrow and I can have a rest.
Keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile lots :D

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 95F. Crazy storms barreled through last evening with 60-90 mph straight-line winds and torrential rain. We were on the south edge of it. Counties to the North and Northwest of me got blasted. The aftermath looks ugly .... downed trees and power lines. Many people are still without electricity this morning. We also got a little over 1.5" of rain. We needed it. Did a property walk early this morning .... doesn't look like any major damage here. Waiting to dry out this morning and then maybe mowing this afternoon. Our grand-daughter is here. Grilling burgers and sausages this evening. Beverages and watching the matches tonight. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. Looks like a beautiful Saturday for catching up on outdoor projects. Sorry about your crazy weather, Harry. It definitely is not a typical summer for anyone.
Finished the garlic, it’s hanging and drying. Hubby tilled the very dry area, so it’s time for planting a few Fall rows of something. Now to find the seeds.
Have a great day. Enjoy Mother Nature as best you can. Stay hydrated and safe.

A picture of some of last evening's storm damage in KC (this picture was copied from GoPowerCat.com).
storm_Kc.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning. Another few days in the 90s, back to summer. It looks like peaceful day here, too. Sounds like Tink and friends had a great celebration. Glad you all raised $$$ for charity.
Have a peaceful Sunday. Relax and watch the flowers grow. Tomorrow you can pull weeds. Stay hydrated, that sun can be brutal, ask Sic’s buddy.

Good morning. It's 68F on its way to 94F. Humidity is 90%. The "smoke" is back and the air quality is marginal. Looks like a couple rounds of super cells will come through here today. I'd like to get out and mow this afternoon. I guess we'll see how the WX shapes up. Heading out to the garden in a few minutes to pick blackberries and cherry tomatoes. Tink .... I like your plan. I need to fit in some BBQ and beer this evening. Sic .... you might tell your buddy not to come to Kansas ..... he'd have a heat stroke. Looks comfortable in Dade City :rolleyes: ! Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Morning all - even after a 3 day weekend Monday has come around far too quickly.
Cool this a.m. but hotter than a hot thing this afternoon. So work first, then hiding in the shade.
And that's all I've got planned for today.
Have a good Monday - keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile - use it or lose it :D

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 94F. Yesterday's forecasted storms did not materialize here. They're saying another chance overnight tonight. Full day of mowing, trimming and working in the garden ahead of me. Heading to the Royals game this evening. That's about it. Be safe and be good.

Good morning afternoon. It's hazy and 82F, on its way to 88F (Real Feel 97). Another sweltery kind of day. We have returned from the BBQ weekend event. Enjoyed it, but caught some kind of bug. Covid test says NO, but a lot of the symptoms are there. Gonna lay low and eat drugs for a few days. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe and stay cool out there.

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 91F. Low overcast. Lots of rain in the area ..... unfortunately not here. I didn't get the trimming done yesterday and will have to do it today. Had fun at the ballgame but it was a fairly late night getting back home. Still processing tomatoes today. Canned a large batch of cowboy candy and pickled jalapenos yesterday. I harvested the first "hotter pods" of the season (3 hot paper lanterns .... LOL). Might run some errands too. Be safe and be good.

Back