• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 94F. Hot and humid. It was supposed to rain this morning .... now they're not so sure. Maybe tonight. Started watering the garden just in case it doesn't rain. So .... watering, mowing, trimming and cleanup today and then heading up to the city for the match tonight. My wife is draining, cleaning and refilling the hot tub and the kids pool (stock tank). Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 52-85F, no rain for awhile. More garden/yard cleanup today, though some of the green leaves in the flower area may just stay where they are. Mother Nature will have to prevail in healing. Think I will re-seed some beans at the CG. I usually plant bush beans after the garlic is harvested, so the pole beans should do OK.
Enjoy your day. S.M.I.L.E. and pay it forward.

Good morning. It's overcast and 70F, on its way to 81F. Very humid, with a chance of showers and a thunderstorm later this afternoon. Called the internet people yesterday. They scheduled a tech visit for this afternoon. The thing is....it's been working since we reset it (for the 4th time) yesterday. So, we canceled the appt this morning. A/C guy came out yesterday as well. The blower motor is seized. Doesn't have one in stock. Needs to run to the parts house and will come back today to replace. In addition to that, I had to chainsaw an old, dead tree that decided to fall across the road leading to the garden. Still need to haul it to the burn pile. Don't know what I'm gonna do today exactly, so I'll just call it a "Miscellaneous" day, ha. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Morning chickens - it's going to be a hot one today - +30C this afternoon.
I shall mostly be indoors watching MotoGP. No bbq today, we'll probably cook dinner on the car bonnet :lol:
On the plus side there'll still be cold beer in the fridge.
Been out hoeing the veggie plot already while it was cool and that's me done for the day.
Have a good Sunday - keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's 71F (22C) on its way to 91F (33C). It should be a nice day. Looks like the wind is coming from the northwest today .... that might help to cool the temps and drop the dewpoint. Yesterday was brutal. It was middle 90s with very high humidity but still no rain. Mowed my dust and weeds yesterday.
Nothing on the agenda for today. My wife is still working on cleaning the hot tub and I might putter around the barn. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. Sunny and 85F today, good weather to enjoy the outdoors. I think most of the leaves are in the compost pile, getting the ones off the roof was challenging. I planted a few flower seeds so we may have color later in the season. We’re planning on visiting daughter this afternoon as the neighbor will have all 6 grandsons visiting for the day.
Have a great Sunday. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning. It's sunny and 73F, on its way to 85F. Should be a nice day. 50% chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. Got the A/C fixed yesterday. Just in time, with the heat rolling back in. Have a few errands to run today, then home and chill, I think. Chuck, did Dr. Scope'r have anything to say post lookie-lookie? Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and have fun.

Morning all - the dreaded Monday is here with another hot day.
Work this a.m. get the dogs out before it gets too hot for them and me, then a haircut - I'm rocking the shaggy sheep look again.
And that's it for today.
Keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile - you know you want to :D

Good morning. Congrats to midwestchilehead on retirement. Bring out the party hats. Sunny and 80’s, actually dry and crusty soil. Even after that storm, the dirt needs a bit of water.
Coffee group, Monday errands, then grocery shopping. Hope to meet up with the CG gardeners to discuss ‘what to do now’ options.
Have a wonderful Monday. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Good morning. It's 65F on its way to 91F. Hot .... no rain in the forecast this week 😡 . Sick kitty this morning ..... keeping an eye on her. Too hot to do much of anything. Probably run some errands and putter around the garden/barn. Might sit in the kid's pool this afternoon. Be safe, be good and stay cool.

Good morning. It's overcast and 67F, on its way to 82F. Humid. Calling for heavy thunderstorms this afternoon. Guess I need to do whatever it is this morning. @midwestchilehead - Congratulations on your retirement, John! It's been a long time coming, huh? Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and raise a toast to John.

Good morning.

Sic, Hope your brother is doing well and getting some rest.

I’m on the path of recovery. The knee is alright. Still sore. The block lasted for 3 days. Didn’t have to take those narcotics (Oxy). Well I split one in half, the first two nights I took a half before bed time expecting the block to wear off. Those things wind me up. Felt like I drank a pot of coffee. Couldn’t sleep until about 3am each night. No thank you to those things. Kratom 10 times better and didn’t even have to take that. So I would say I’m doing pretty good.

No more plants for sale. Sold half and gave about 20 away. I saved 8 of the best for extras. I need to update my glog.

Hope you all have a magnificent day. Stay safe, have gratitude and show kindness even when it’s not valid. It builds good character. I practice daily and usually fail. But I get the opportunity to always try again.

Im home after half a day, its only 90 with a index of 98 but the humidity is 52 percent dew point is 71. Just too much for me today, kinda had a late night so im sure that didnt help. Gratz on the retirement midwest. Chuck, brother is in good spirits and doing ok from what I can gather. Glad your knee is doing better. We have several kratom trees and use it when needed. Just another thing the government doesnt want you to use so they can get people strung out on their agenda. have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. Sunny, with a few days into the 90F range. At least the peppers love it. Meeting, luncheon, then more weeding at the CG. I have dill everywhere, but not for long. I do need some for pickles, but this is crazy. The abundant rain awakened dormant seeds.
Have a great day. Good to hear Chuck is feeling better. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Back