• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Yay the weekend is here and so is the cold weather - and lots of rain, which is good
Not much planned for today except doing all the jobs that I don't like doing when it's hot :lol:
And I'm going to make the ultimate curry sauce this afternoon (with a bit of luck)
Have a good Saturday, keep warm (yes really), calm, pain-free and smile :D

Had to drive to St. Petersburg yesterday which totally sucks. Dude couldnt meet me but I went to his rich ass house and bought a guitar from him. Running some errands this morning and changing the oil on the mowers. Then Im going to play guitar most of the day. Have a great day and good morning.
20230630_174621.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. Looks like a beautiful weekend ahead, time to do a bit of clean up around the yard, getting rid of stuff in the shed that we seem to have saved over the years. Going up to the CG for weeding after all the rains. The poor garlic here has very little left of their stems, but am hopeful for what’s left at the CG.
Very nice guitar and amplifiers, Sic. Enjoy the day making beautiful music.
Have a wonderful day, great pepper people. Stay healthy and safe.

Good Saturday morning. We got 0.275" inches of rain early this morning. Yippee! It's not much but it helps. There's another chance this evening. Our extreme weather has left us for a day. It's 70F on its way to 80F. It should be a glorious day. Errands this morning and I've got a match to go to tonight. Probably work on some fishing tackle in-between. Our grand daughter will be here tonight and will stay for a couple of days. Rock-on Sic :metal::beer:. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 71F, on its way to 85F. Says humidity is 95%. I believe it. Just looking out the window makes me sweat, ha. Yesterday was a BAD day. Happened upon a country auction. All kinds of farm and outdoor equipment. Ended up buying a bunch of junk outta Catherine's shed, lol. I was wringing wet with sweat from loading it up, only to come home and get wringing wet again unloading it. Today I get to play with the stuff, and get wringing wet again, no doubt. While I'm doing that, I think I'll fire up the smoker and cook some ribs. Hope everybody enjoys the 4th. Have a super Saturday and try not to sweat too much!

Happened upon a country auction. All kinds of farm and outdoor equipment. Ended up buying a bunch of junk outta Catherine's shed, lol.
Don't you know that auctions are Satan's way of separating you from your money and robbing you of space? :-) I can say that because I used to have a weakness for auctions too, but I managed to overcome that affliction now that I am in the reduction phase of my life.

Good morning. Sunny, a beautiful summer day. Waiting for the ground to dry and form little canyons throughout the garden. It looks like a nice day to enjoy nature.
Nothing much to harvest from the garden, but I did pick a few dozen radishes from the CG for a friend. The lettuce has all been pulled, the garlic is still too wet. A good day to listen to the birds.
Have a great Sunday. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Good morning. It's sunny and 68F, on its way to 86F. Humidity 97%. You can cut it with a knife. Killed some ribs yesterday. They were all but done when a thunderstorm blew up, and it rained cats and dogs for an hour. Ribs got WAY overcooked and kinda turned into bacon. Good thing I like bacon:). Ended up getting .75" of rain, which is good. Today the forecast is showers this AM, followed by severe thunderstorms this afternoon. Sounds like a good day to chill. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and stay dry.

Afternoon all, late again :D
Cooler again today, high of 22C and rain showers forecast, never say NO to rain - unless you're bbq-ing (sorry River)
Not sure where the day's gone so far, hoe-ed the veg plot, taken photos, fannied about with new phone as I couldn't upload photos. Had lunch.
Time for a nap, then suddenly it's Monday again.
Have a good Sunday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good Sunday morning. It's 70F on its way to 88F. Much nicer WX. Got home late last night from the match ... still moving slow. Not a whole lot going on today. A buddy dropped off a couple of kayaks ..... I'll clean those up for use later in the week. Probably mess around with some fishing tackle today and I need to do a walk through out in the garden. That's about it. Be safe and be good.

Good morning.

My knee gave out on me Wednesday night. Swell up. Had to rest a few days. Went to the doc yesterday. Said my quad muscles aren’t activating. The knee wants to just give out at any given time. Need to be careful. They set me up with physical therapy, but they’re two weeks out before they can see me there that busy.

My son wants to go to the movies so we’ll probably go over there later

Have a good day stay cool and enjoy

Morning all - Monday is here urgggggghhhhh and it's raining, double urggggghhh and I had plans in the garden for this a.m.
Work this p.m. weather permitting - storms forecast so that probably won't happen.
Suppose I'll have to find something else to keep me occupied today.
Have a good Monday - keep calm, cool, dry, painfree and look after those knees and backs.
Smile :D

Good morning. It's 63F on its way to 94F. No Rain. 85% humidity. This morning we harvested one bed of onions, some leaf lettuce, a few jalapenos and a few Petit Marseilles, a few radishes and a few tomatoes. We are very close to being overrun with jalapenos, tomatoes, and blackberries. The potatoes and beets are very close to harvest too. Note: We are trialing Emerald Fire jalapenos this year (amongst many other jalapeno varieties) .... they are big and they are on the top end of jalapeno heat for us ..... similar in heat to Orange Spice. Very nice and highly recommended. Even with the very little rain we received over the weekend .... it seems like the garden really liked it and has taken the next step to what I call the "jungle phase". Not much going on today. I expect I'll mow this afternoon. Cut the pasture yesterday ..... bale it on the 4th. Got those kayaks to clean-up today. I've got a river float later in the week. Grand daughter is here. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 73F, on its way to 86F. Humidity has dropped to 88%. Woo-hoo! Still calling for a chance of popup thunderstorms all day. I don't mind the rain, but it makes it tough to work in the garden. xBerries are starting to turn "reddish". Do blackberries turn red before turning black? If not, then I guess I have raspberries, lol. Need to clean the smoker from the cook the other day. Then work on some things in the garage, Garden, maybe later. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and have fun.

Back