• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. The Arctic blast has arrived! It's 2F on its way to -8F. The RealFeel is -10F on its way to -30F. Might run into town to pick up a few things. Otherwise, I will be inside watching soccer and football. Soup later on. Catherinew: Good to see you back. Be safe, be good and put another log on the fire.

Good morning. The Arctic blast has arrived! It's 2F on its way to -8F. The RealFeel is -10F on its way to -30F. Might run into town to pick up a few things. Otherwise, I will be inside watching soccer and football. Soup later on. Catherinew: Good to see you back. Be safe, be good and put another log on the fire.
You know it is bad when you are colder than me, we are at 25f right now. The front range and plains are going to get it worse than we are.

Good morning. It's sunny and 43F, on its way to 41F. Wind Advisory in effect. That'll chill things down a little. Not much planned for today. Just futz around a little, then watch some NFL. I agree with you Harry, good to see you back Catherine! Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. -10 to 5F, lightly snowing. Thanks for the welcome back to reality. It’s so cold that the birds are afraid to fly to the feeders. Another 3 days of this Arctic blast. Looks like a few movie days ahead as I’m not venturing out in this cold.
Have a great day as best you can. I’m jealous of Sic’s wife being able to enjoy her garden.

Good morning. It's 28F, on its way to 37F. Calling for mostly sunny, but that Wind Advisory is still in effect until this afternoon, and I can see why. Stuff blowing all over the place, lol. Not much planned for today. Just watch some NFL. Hope today's games are better than yesterday's. Brats with onions and peppers for dinner. Yum. Hope everybody has a restful and peaceful Sunday. Be safe out there and hug a loved one.

Good morning. It's -10F on its way to -2F. The Realfeel is currently -30F. Brutally cold. Breaking all kinds of WX records. Staying indoors. Fixing a big breakfast this morning and then making beef/homemade noodles for this evening. Both of yesterday's NFL games were not very competitive. Sounds like a great meal DR. Everybody be safe and be good. Stay warm.

Last edited:
Morning all - not only is it a very wet, dark Monday, it's also Blue Monday - urrrgggghhh
I am not liking January at all, roll on Spring.
I did mention the C (compost) word to Mr Tinks and he said "WHAT!!!!! Already" :lol: :lol:
Have a good Blue Monday - smile, let's banish the blues :D

Good morning. It's -4F on its way to 4F. Realfeel -20ish. Another frigid day with snow at times. These frigid temperatures are atypical for us. My heat pump quits running at 0. After that it's just backup strip heat. We do not have a forced air convection furnace. Just went out and started my truck. It was not happy. Still way too cold to do anything outside. Probably do inside chores then watch some football this afternoon. Shrimp Clemenceau this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy, white, 23F, on it's what to 31F. Woke up to 1.5-2" of snow, enough to cover the ground. That's the most snow we've seen in two years, lol. Finally saw two NFL games yesterday that I enjoyed. One of them was actually a good game. Not much planned for today. Probably watch NFL again. Hopefully they'll be good ones as well. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning. -4 to 9F and snow most of the day. Going to try and meet coffee group amid the cold temp. Haven’t seen them for awhile. Two more days of the extreme cold that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. TV sounds good today.
Stay warm, hug a pet, keep the fireplace going. Spring is just around the corner 🌷.

Morning all, another chuffing freezing cold, dark, damp morning :cry:
And I shall be out in it all day, bring on the thermals - it's not funny now Mr January, begone I say, begone!
Anyway tomorrow is going to be 16C apparently, dropping to -3C on Thursday - that's going to be interesting.
Have a good Tuesday, is it only Tuesday? Be warm, calm, dry and smile :D

Good morning. It's -4F (-20c) on its way to 14F (-10c). Realfeel is currently -7F. This should be the last day of the polar vortex with a nice warmup to the middle teens. It's been wicked cold. I can't remember it ever being this cold in my 50 years of living in Kansas. Still got a heavy blanket of snow too. Doing some office work this morning and then I am going to check everything out outdoors ..... start all the vehicles .... check on the hot tub .... etc. Hopefully package deliveries start up again. Being out here in the sticks, nobody delivers stuff if the WX is bad. That's about it. Pizza tonight. Be safe and be good.

Back