• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Good News!

Went home today and could not see any solar flare damage to my plants!

:fireball:

That's because Round Rock like Austin and the rest of Texas is protected by the VanBarbeque belt that hovers over Texas in the outer stratosphere. It is a thin layer of beef rib and brisket aroma's and smoke that counter any solar flare. The only downside is that when solar events occur there is the unexplainable urge to go to Franklin's BBQ in Austin.

Oddly enough I was just daydreaming of bbq while stuck at a nonfunctioning stop light for nearly 30 minutes! I guess the flares got thru the bbq smoke defense. Without the Vanderbbq belt it would have been much worse! Thanks TB for the extensive knowledge transfer.

On a less than jolly note, due to my current age, which is 50. I learned a new cuss word today. "bowel prep"!

It can be used for any number of derogatory statements. I do prefer to keep things clean around the kids(language that is). For instance; On occaision I might say to my son, "Did ya git my moon pies boy!" Now as luck would have it, I can say "Fetch me my bowel prep son". And of course he would adoringly, while never letting go of the ps3 controller.

I think I'll keep the bp next to my hot sauces! Sorry Doc they must have gotten mixed up!

Back