• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Google Earth Game

salsalady

Business Member
Here's a fun game-

Below is a picture from Google Earth. This one should be pretty easy. Whoever guesses the correct location gets to post the next image.

Hint- this location has USA military significance.
GE2.jpg

Remember to remove all the tags and labels from the "layers choices" on the left of the Google Earth page.
What I did was-
Zoomed in on the location in Google Earth
In the Google Earth File button, click "Save Image", saved the image to My Pictures on my computer
Edited the picture to crop out the coordinates on the bottom, saved image
Uploaded saved image to Photobucket and then posted image from there.

If anyone has a better way to post the Google Earth image, feel free to share.

Images can be of anywhere in the world, hints are encouraged.

Remember- only the person who guesses correctly can post the next image!
Let's Play!

pileiton said:
The image is fuzzy but I'll guess. The Presidio?

Nope

Pearl Harbor it is-

The USS Arizona was my grandfather's ship. He was career Navy. He only took leave one time during WWII, the first two weeks of December 1941. He was in San Francisco when the harbor was attacked. He lived until 1986.

Pi- Your Up!

Thanks Pi-

I was waiting for the throwdown stuff to chill out and then was going to bump it again.

Paulky, wanna give it a go?

I'm still having problems seeing the pictures. I'm going to have to take a wild guess and say that it is either the set of Planet of the Apes or the set of Deep Throat!

AHHHHH leads to great movie:

The 1977 movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind used the formation as a plot element and as a location for its contact scene and climactic scenes.

Back