• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Google Earth Game

HWY 5!!!!!!!!!!

on the Alaska side!

Aw Come On! My national Geographic Road Atlas doesn't have the "local's only" name for the road..........

probably something like Suicide Pass...........

and btw, if anyone cares, it's 161 miles from Dawson City to Tok.

(edit-this is not meant to be snarky.......see posts below)

OOPS!
my mistake. When i look i thought it said 399km, but no, it's 299....

So, mistakes included you have done very well, and I have done VERY BAD. I will be sure to fact check better next time.

Top Of the World!.............I just saw another name on the Canadian side of Klondike Hwy.

Good one, Ring Sting!

I can go again, but if anyone else would like to post one, I'll throw it out there~~~~~~~~~~~~

ring sting said:
OOPS!
my mistake. When i look i thought it said 399km, but no, it's 299....

So, mistakes included you have done very well, and I have done VERY BAD. I will be sure to fact check better next time.

OH! I didn't get that! I was just making a quote from the NG map mileages! SORRY! Did not mean for that to sound bad, but now that you post it, I get the whole miles/kilometer thing.

That was a GOOD clue!

Naw, Ring Sting, you did good clues, especially the km/miles thing.

So I'll leave the option out there for a day or so, for someone else to post a GoogleEarth place.

Hmmmmmm..............I have a couple ideas if no one else jumps in on the open space.............

Me Me Me Me Me!!!! :) (Gosh that sounded very 3-year old like...must be 'cause i'm bored at work)

Sorry, Salsa Lady. :( Didn't mean to interrupt.

Name the two bodies of water meeting here!

mysteryphoto.jpg

Hmmmmm....hints.

An annual 'ocean to ocean' race passes through one of the two bodies of water, and said location appeared briefly in a film by John Boorman.

yes ;)

One more hint. The peacock bass (originally not a native species) was 'accidentally' released into the waterways in the mid-twentieth century, when an aquarium fish breeder's ponds flooded during torrential rains and some of the fish escaped into one of the two bodies of water.

Should amend that last bit. The Peacock Bass escaped into another nearby body of water, and soon spread to the surrounding areas.

(grumble grumble wikipedia...)

Very close! :) (curse you wikipediaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!)

I'll give you the second bit (Panama Canal), but you're missing the second body of water.

Back