• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GPR 2020: Seeing clearly

Good evening and thanks for taking a look at my glog  :welcome:
Seeds started 4th & 5th

This year from start to finish I’ll be updating unlike years past and hopefully my take this year will result in a ton of sauce (cousins brew) pickled hot peppers (mine) and gonna do a mesquite smoked powder mix. So sit back, relax and come on this journey to grow some sick, some mild and some new varieties with me. 
Here’s the list (so far):

Bishops Crown
Dedo de moca (thanks GIP)
Violet Sparkle (thanks GIP)
Dulce Sol (thanks GIP)
Purple Tobago Seasoning (thanks GIP)
Pdn x Bmj white (thanks Paul)
Stuffing scotch bonnet (hoping for 1 sprout)
Aji lemon
Aji peach fantasy 
Aji Cachucha
Aji Dulce
Aji Dulce Orange 
Aji charpita
Sugar Rush Red
Sugar Rush Cream
MAMP Black NGR
Bode Roxa
Inca Berry XL
& of course the :censored: Ghosts  :mouthonfire:  :metal: 
Chocolate Ghost 
Red Ghost (original)
Solid Gold Ghost

Thanks my spicy brethren  :onfire:

JimZ25H.jpg

oSHtvdB.jpg

Haha yeah and speaking of poop, today I picked up some grade A cow poo (4 buckets) already a month into compost which will help me put some stuff back into my soil especially as I take my 10 month composted cow poo to the new pepper site.  :dance:

Update while I’m at it: Purple Tobago seasoning popped now so things are coming along good  :metal:

Well done ;)

So you place the seeds in the what looks like rapid rooters and they are touching the water?
I really want to try that next year. Glad you didn't cull the Bode Roxa, it's a cool looking plant.

I'm jelly about the cow manure, with the COVID this year there are no cattle on the place. No cattle=no poo :rolleyes:

CaneDog said:

Yeah GPR.  Maybe you can dial up Myles Garrett.  :)
lol it was way more successful  :liar: :rofl:

Devv said:
Well done ;)

So you place the seeds in the what looks like rapid rooters and they are touching the water?
I really want to try that next year. Glad you didn't cull the Bode Roxa, it's a cool looking plant.

I'm jelly about the cow manure, with the COVID this year there are no cattle on the place. No cattle=no poo :rolleyes:

thanks bud, that’s exactly what it is. I use rapid rooters and about 50% of it touches water, the AG works pretty good so I’d recommend it. The germ rate in it is as follows: 1 seed= none, 2 seeds= maybe 1, 3 seeds= all 3 germinate  :lol:
I had to pull the runt and there’s still 2 in it so another has to go along with the 3 extra Charpitas  :whistle:

yeah it was a nice score on the cow poo, local lady I get it from who has 3 cows, 2 goats and bunch of chickens. I gotta get consistent because I’d have like 8 buckets worth a month or more and composted manure is gold  :clap:

Thanks Paul, I’ll have to send ya some  ;)

Update time: So today as I strolled the Homie Depot looking for a blueberry bush I wandered to the peppers and see “Candy Cane”(capsicum Annum) and well I blacked out and found this plant on my front seat. I love the variegated look on leaves and peppers so expect many crosses to come from me. 
I’m also putting 3 peppers from Paul in the Pepcorn machine
Purple Thunder -3
Purple Thunder -M
TripPaul threat (latest batch 2019)

gonna produce some kool peppers 
9OGWgPI.jpg

17gpdXV.jpg

BQyhmM7.jpg

Update with progress pics (so no one says it didn’t happen)  :rofl:

Seeds a popping especially Haskeria which got 2 so far (thanks again PTMD), couple chocolates, red bhuty, and such. 

choco Bhut & red
WpI2X96.jpg

Haskeria and Dedo de moca
Ku46JcN.jpg

Sugar rush cream & Aji lemon
AytG0Ec.jpg

inca berry XL and Bode Roxa 
WBZU0DD.jpg

Purple Tobago Seasoning & Aji Charpita & Dulce sol
z1wPsHB.jpg

At the risk of going way off-topic here, I haven't been able to determine where the name came from.  I've even seen an alternate spelling, "Haskoria," e.g., http://www.fordsfieryfoodsandplants.com/Haskoria-pepper. I looked it up once thinking it might have taken its name from a city/geography and that might clarify, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've heard it in my head as "Hask" as in "ask" and with the accent on the 2nd syllable.  On the 3rd with a "Has" as in "spaz" it would sound the the start of a question, e.g., Haskorea a surplus of kimchi?

Back