• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

grantmichaels [2013, 2015, 2016]

I'm thinking I might do a glog this time around ...

I'm really good about photodoc'ing, but a little lax w/ posting ...

New arrivals from CCN soaking up the negative ions and perking up after their trip down the Eastern Coast ...

48F29637-B0AE-4F46-AF2B-D8F12045E8F2-3285-00000A1E253CBF22_zpsb946e96f.jpg

Looking good Grant! I hope to start potting up my annuums as soon as I can get to my local nursery to pickup some stuff to amend my ProMix. Way too wet and crappy to get out to my own compost. 

Uh oh, none of my Mystery Citrus have popped yet ...

Thing is, I've never started any tepin-like peppers from seed, so I have no idea how long it should take! ...

I grew 18-20 different singles of the tiny pepper selection from CCN a few years ago, but they came as plugs, and were a very different kind of plant ...

They were more like a tree, with bark, and weren't nearly as affected by the BLS ...

We'll see ...

Hope I don't have to start like 15-20 seeds using the paper towel method to get a couple of plants ... but I will =)

grantmichaels said:
Uh oh, none of my Mystery Citrus have popped yet ...

Thing is, I've never started any tepin-like peppers from seed, so I have no idea how long it should take! ...

I grew 18-20 different singles of the tiny pepper selection from CCN a few years ago, but they came as plugs, and were a very different kind of plant ...

They were more like a tree, with bark, and weren't nearly as affected by the BLS ...

We'll see ...

Hope I don't have to start like 15-20 seeds using the paper towel method to get a couple of plants ... but I will =)
Mine have not either :( Right now I have 6 types that have failed to germinate ....

They were one of our first pepper-related activities, and we might not have preserved them correctly - which would be quite unfortunate (well, for me, anyways) ...

I think in beginning we would clean the seeds and put them in the dehydrator on the lowest temperature ...

Later we just started letting the innards dry out in a cabinet, but not in the beginning ...

Oh well, there's two things to consider: 1) I have like 40x, so it's likely that at least one will pop, even if we mostly bunked the batch, and 2) my shop foreman goes to MIA multiple times/year and I'm sure he could pick some more pods on whichever trip coincides w/ the fruiting ...

Hopefully the magic of life prevails on at least a couple of seeds, LOL ...
Got this many chances ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425956871.714553.jpg

Hey, Grant!  I knew those little germinators
would work great.  Good work!

OK, a little update ...

3x Reaper got stumped and put in time-out (outside) due to hatching a bunch pf critters ... shame on CHS. If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it's a duck.

Here's the 3x Mystery Wine's:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240104.487303.jpg

And the 4x individual plants I ordered from Juanitos:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240139.885146.jpg

They spent the evening perking up under my desk light, and tomorrow I'll plant them in 1 gal root pouches and place them under an soffit ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240239.089709.jpg

And for a treat, a little MC trick I've been enjoying lately for frozen steaks, that is super simple ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240351.398239.jpg

blowtorched frozen ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240370.568158.jpg

seasoned ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240383.902164.jpg

probed and baked ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240410.933482.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240420.268621.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426240428.454921.jpg

Yup!

That link for the Cropbox is pretty cool. I would definitely buy something like that if it was smaller. Something like 4 x 8 that I could stick in my basement. I am sure There are plans for DIYers, but I just do not have the time.

I have to work tonight, overnight really, to setup for being able to spend a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon re-potting all of the plants and placing them outside ...

Then I'm going to start a bunch more seeds from my archive ...

I have no idea where I'm going w/ this, but I'm going anyways.

grantmichaels said:
Coming along, indeed!

Looking forward to getting my pepper plants started up and placed around my house, and then moving on to setting up indoor lettuce production now that you can get a 400W MH for like $100 ...

I've wanted to build it for years ...

This is cool, too, for the people who check out my glog: http://www.fastcoexist.com/3043372/this-farm-in-a-box-can-grow-as-much-lettuce-as-an-acre-of-land
i'd love a cropbox for my pepper plants! 8).

Placed an order for CCN singles, for the 1st week of April:

ALEPPO
CHI-CHIEN
DATIL SWEET
DE ARBOL
FRIGGITELLO
GOCHUGARU
HANOI RED
HAROLD'S ST. BARTS
LESTER WILLIAM'S RED
LUMBRE
NAGA MORICH
OROZCO
REGINA'S HOTS
SHISHITO
SUPER CHILI HYBRID
TAKANOTSUME
TAZMANIAN
TRINIDAD PERFUME
TRINIDAD SEASONING
TRINIDAD SWEETS
URFA BIBER
WILD BRAZIL
YATSUFUSA
YUMMY ORANGE

You are definitely goin' somewhere, my man!  
Lots of great varieties in the works.

CCN?

Mystery Citrus getting it's first light now ... maybe a half-day late.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426505026.230128.jpg

Into the fluoro's ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426505057.496436.jpg

Just the Mystery Wine and Mystery Citrus inside, now ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426505093.099729.jpg

Which, those little Mystery Citrus are growing nice looking roots in these starter's, I think ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426505144.267741.jpg

I have a lot of gardening to do later today, but first, rest (hopefully soon) ...

chirp, chirp ...
Oh, forgot about the rest of the singles from my follow-up order from juanitos ...

Naga White Plant
Brazilian ghost Red plant
Aji Brazilian Starfish Plant
Aji White Fantasy Plant
Rocoto Turbo Pube Plant
White Bullet Habanero Plant
UBSC Red plant

;)

nice stuff going on in here GM. your lucky with the mystery wine sounds like a nice one, and the color is great. I enjoyed nigels review of it. - I asked a couple years ago for seed and got denied  :P

Back