Greetings ... another Texan

Greetings all you pepper lovers !!

I'm Erin Mason and live in the wind blown flatlands of Texas in Amarillo. Don't let my name toss you a curve. I'm an older gent and will go by P. Dreadie . I'm a musician and silversmith.

I can already see this forum is going to be super !! My main interest will be learning about growing peppers and new types ( to me ) of peppers that will fit my tastes. I fell in love with Caribbean foods many years ago on my first trip to Jamaica. So the Scotch Bonnet is what I want to be my main type as of this time to grow. I also want to learn about other types that have the same aroma and taste without as much heat.

I cook many types of foods besides Caribbean styles. Thai , Mexican, Indian , and the list goes on.
For most I can easily find the peppers, herbs and spices at local grocery stores here. But the Scotch
Bonnet never seems to find it's way here.

Peace,
P . Dreadie

Another One From The u.k saying welcome :)

2.gif

Welcome from Fort Worth....and another musician...

Thanks for the warm truly International welcome!!

There's a Brit, other folks from the UK... You don't want to be called a Brit if you're in Wales right ? .... Aussies. A guy from Germany and another from Italy .

Folks from all over the US and almost my neighbor AJ. Hey AJ I see you're token a Mandolin you must be into Bluegrass music. I play Country Swing in a group . No Bluegrass ... you guys only have two speeds ... faster than heck and I can't keep up is the other. I also play Reggae which is my love.

Again .... Thanks everyone !!

P. Dreadie

P. Dreadie said:
almost my neighbor AJ. Hey AJ I see you're token a Mandolin you must be into Bluegrass music. I play Country Swing in a group . No Bluegrass ... you guys only have two speeds ... faster than heck and I can't keep up is the other. I also play Reggae which is my love.

that's the first impression most people get when they see the mando...but I actually don't play bluegrass...play honky tonk...I play that mando more like a bluesy, rock and roll lead guitar....I play with Bodie Powell and the Borderline Band...

bodiepowell.com

there are a couple of tracks (4 i think) on Bodies myspace page....I don't have the link to the myspace here at work since they won't let us go there....check out bodie powell on myspace is all I can tell you...if you like what you hear...pm me...

and from what I hear, we are getting a little airplay on some of the aussie country radio stations...

Hey AJ,

I'm so glad you can play in more than two speeds!! Yes I have to say I'm a Dance Hall fool myself.
Love the Honky Tonks and watch 'em shine those buckles ..... Hey that/those harp players are good. That's all I played for years until I got into Reggae. I still play harp in country groups and enjoy it.

When I get things figured out here I'll PM you and we can trade war stories about chicken wire in front of the stage , some tunes , recipes , or what ever.

Hey bentalphanered , ( hope I remembered all those letters right ) thanks for the link. I'm a little puzzled ... I thought all Aussies were Red Necks at heart and loved CW type music.

P. Dreadie

P.D - everyone just calls me 'bent' because its easier to type (yeah thats it...because its easier to type)
I get into a lot of blues music...going way back & some early folk like woodie guthrie etc. New stuff too but its gotta be bluesy. I got a pony-tail & a beard...red necks scare me :lol:

Back