Greetings from New Zealand :)

Hello everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself, I have been lurking for a while now and thought it was finally time to join in on the fun and hopefully share some knowledge but by the look's of thing's I will be learning alot more!
Seems like the people here seriously know their stuff..

I live in the north island of New Zealand and i see there a few members here already from NZ . Hope to trade some seeds in the near future and make some friends .

When it comes to gardening I am very passionate about it. In the last few years i have grown to love chillies/peppers most of all, to the point where i think about them all night and cant sleep , and when i do.. i dream about ..yep you guessed it chillies!!! lol.

I also have a large veggie garden where I try and grow absolutely anything and everything I can .. The more self sufficient the better.
I also dabble in the growing of cacti from seed , aswell as practising some amateur mycology. :)

I'd like to focus more on the growing of Capsicum chinense species as the others are just not burning me any more. Finding a reputable vendor in this country is difficult , so i will look into sourcing these fiery pleasures from overseas.

Cheers , About Mulch.

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

As stickman says, JungleRain is a very reputable vendor, as well as a member on this very forum. Another good vendor is The Hippy Seed Company.Both sites have a good selection of seeds for decent prices, and many of the members (myself included) have purchased seeds from them, and weren't disappointed.

And if you're willing to wait an extra few days for the mailing, may I also recommend Pepperlover.com, and PepperJoe.com. Both are US vendors of super-hot seeds, as well as members of this forum as well.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome , what a cool forum!
I took the advice of stickman and elcap1999 and ordered some seeds from junglerain.com.au , after reading all the great reviews hes got in the vendors vault how could i not..
Just a few to start with but they are some of my first super hots..ordered were:

Trinidad Scorpian chocolate

Trinidad Scorpian Long tail

Trinidad Scorpian Moruga

Naga Morich

Burmese Naga

7 Pot Barrackpore

7pot Douglah

There is a long wait until spring on this side of the world , so if anyone has some suggestions on some must have peppers to add to the list im all ears , cheers :)

Hi About Mulch! I am in Auckland and down to trade seeds. I can just give you some of the ones I saved this year as I have a few. Where are you based?

I love the hot peppers too for cooking and sauces but just can't believe that some folk can eat them whole. The smallest sliver often just kills me. My only suggestion would be some less savage peppers to fill out the list a bit. I have awesome crops off a Hugarian hot wax. I made most into sweet thai chilli sauce... it was a lot less sweet and syrupy than store bought with a good heat. Unfortunately I only made 5 bottles and gave 3 away.

I have only grown chillies for one season but am planning a big one this year coming. Right now I am drowning in Fatalii pods if you want some.

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

Back