Greetings from Newbie in Northern Michigan

New to gardening (having moved here recently from the dry, rock soil of central TX).

Older guy with love of good peppers. Planning our 2011 garden now and have lots of questions: such as: what should I use for grow lights to germinate my pepper seeds. I seem to get more confused the more I read; some say a shop light is fine, others argue that I need to spend major $$ to do it right.

Have learned a bunch here already. Know I will learn much more.

Jeff

Welcome Jeff. Are you an RC priest? I'm Lutheran one. :welcome:

Ps. you don't need lights to germinate seeds just heat. Light is for when you have leaves.

Welcome Jeff. Are you an RC priest? I'm Lutheran one. :welcome:

Ps. you don't need lights to germinate seeds just heat. Light is for when you have leaves.

Ahhhh, need to get my terms right.

No, I'm an Anglican Priest (married). Was raised Lutheran, Good to know you.

Ah. I was raised RC. I'm married also with 6 kids. :) :onfire: :dance: They have Anglicans in MI??? :lol: I thought they only had RC's and Lutherans.

Good to know you also. Good luck with your germination and growing.

Ah. I was raised RC. I'm married also with 6 kids. :) :onfire: :dance: They have Anglicans in MI??? :lol: I thought they only had RC's and Lutherans.

Good to know you also. Good luck with your germination and growing.

You are close, but there are a few Anglicans here (mostly former fried Episcopalians like me). Tend to be pretty Anglo Catholic type. :lol:

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Howdy from Texas, by way of Ohio! :welcome: You'll find you're not the only transplant here.

Check out the Throwdown thread - we'd love to see an entry from you in October!

G

Back