Greetings from the NYC!

Hey guys, I just joined the forum today and I'm glad I found a place like this full of people who share my enthusiasm for spicy food!

Even though I am now living in NYC, I only moved here about 3 months ago to start my full time job. I am a born n'raised Texan, and will always consider myself a Texan no matter where I am living. I could eat BBQ every day and not get tired of it, as long as I have a few fresh jalapeno's to add some flavor.

I've read a few places that it has been proven that people can become addicted to spicy foods... And I must admit, I got that itch real bad.

I actually love to cook and have a pretty awesome chili recipe, if I do say so myself, that I'll have to upload sometime. It's a texas style chili(no beans) with 4 kinds of peppers(poblano, jalapeno, serrano, and habanero) and 3 kinds of meat(ground beef, sirloin chunks, and pork chorizo). I've also got some pretty good rib recipes, no grill needed, with a sweet and spicy glaze in place of a bbq sauce or what have you.

Let me know if you're looking for a particular kind of recipe. Chances are I've either tried cooking it, or would love to attempt it on your behalf... Like I said, I really love to cook!

Welcome! A Texan in NYC that likes BBQ. Believe it or not there are a few good BBQ joints here. Let me know if you need suggestions.

Enter our Throwdowns and maybe we can start an NYC Posse. SoFlo... PA... NYC!

Welcome! A Texan in NYC that likes BBQ. Believe it or not there are a few good BBQ joints here. Let me know if you need suggestions.

Enter our Throwdowns and maybe we can start an NYC Posse. SoFlo... PA... NYC!

I've had some BBQ up here, but none I would consider that good. I realize that I have a higher than average standard to live up to when it comes to BBQ, but I mean, is good BBQ really that hard to make in NYC? :rolleyes: Smoker...check. Meat...check. Hickory/mesquite/cherry/oak/whatever your preference...check. What is so hard about it? :confused: One place I keep hearing about that I have yet to try is dinosaur bbq, but I'll get there someday soon.

Also, know any good places for tex-mex up here? I've had quite the hankering for some good mexican food since I got here and have been more than a little disappointed in the recommendations I've received from my coworkers so far. Any suggestions?

Back