• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow List Suggestions/Tips Please!

Hiya, I pretty much a have my grow box sorted and will be looking at planting before December.
Right now i need to get some seeds ordered and id appreciate some suggestions.

I reckon ill grow around 8 varieties, only have a balcony to put them once they are going.

So far Ive decided on having two super hots, Scotch Bonnet and Dorset Naga.
Ill also pick two ornamentals, as I like them and they will work on a windowsill since i dont have much space.
Everyone likes my Numex twilight so Ill be growing a few of those for friends.
So I have 3-4 slots that i need to fill.

I fancy something that will be good for cooking and eating, and call me superficial but ill go for something that looks cool.

Any top tips or suggestions will be well received, looking for ideas mainly.
What is your favourite?

Your going to notice that Scotch bonnets aren't really super hots, but they do have nice heat and great flavor but nothing compared to your nagas as far as heat.

I'd recommend fatalii for something on the borderline of being super hot, and fresno for a good all purpose medium pepper

A nice Thai Chili is easy to grow and great for cooking. Aji Lemondrop is another favorite of mine that looks cool. I've stopped growing ornamentals, but Bolivian Rainbow did well for me. The ornamental "Medusa" looks pretty good. If you'll grow another super hot I recommend the Trinidad Scorpion or the milder Orange Hab. Even milder but great are the Annums; Santa Fe Grande or the variegated Fish Pepper. Then there's the Pubescens like Rocoto or Manzano.

Back