• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Okay the prik is in a dwc as of today. Bung hole washer was pushed aside and time to push it in high gear. Running three gallons of RO water with 90ml botanicare pure blend pro grow with 15ml of Cal mag and 15 ml of thrive alive b1 added in. Had to add 6 droppers full of ph up and we are at 1710 ppm and 5.3 ph. Seems very high but it is only 900pm with the nutrient alone. The rest is the cal mag and thrive alive growth booster. Hopefully I can catch up to you soon scratch.

null_zpsee42d76b.jpg

Honestly, I can't say what is causing my success. Idk t check ph, never once recorded ppm, and for the most part, ignore the damn thing. DWC=set-it-and-forget-it.

That's all I do with mine except when changing nutes. I never check between nute changes and I never touch the plants until I lift them out of the bucket to drain the nutes. I would admit that I check water level half way through the week just in-case it is getting low. I am expecting my plants to start going through a gallon a day eventually.

It's so hard to get decent pics under HPS, especially with an iPad. But I wanted to show this off. I've got about a half dozen or so this size, and many more just beginning to form.
48ced7d27255af22af722bb7ba742dc4_zpsceb63bec.jpg

we are at 1710 ppm and 5.3 ph

Better keep a close eye on that for nute burn. That seems really high. I'm going the opposite way. I try to keep it under 1K PPM and I start off with 180ppm tap water. The plants seem to be happy, not as pumped full of nitrogen as they used to be, but they aren't getting any more set backs with bad nute concentrations or calcium deficiencies either.

I'll get some pics this weekend of my prik. It is recovering nicely.

Nice plants everyone!

I think I killed my plant moving it outside. The wind wasn't kind to me the 1st night and it doesn't seem to be recovering like the other 2 that got damaged. 

PexPeppers said:
WHERE DO YOU FIND THOSE BLACK BUCKETS for dwc that is. i havent been able to find them ANYWHERE
A hardware store chain called Menards use to sell them up to about 3 months ago and then they started stocking these green 5 gallon buckets with their logo on it.. Pissed me off when I went to buy more. They were only about $2.60 also each

scratchzilla said:
That's rough news lock, I hope it bounces for you.
Thanks, it seems to be a little happier today. I lost a lot of growth, but still have a pretty good size plant.

The bottom leaves are still struggling.
JkzjMPa.jpg

Overall I think it is going to recover.
GDuAF3f.jpg

Well update. My prik kee is showing no signs of nute burn yet and is happier than ever it seems. I have just been keeping an eye on it since it hasn't had its roots soaking in constant nute solution at that high a strength ever yet.

Good for you!

I've noticed the mine has stopped growing up, and begun bushing out wards. It has to be at least twice as big around as it is tall.

Update time. The plant is really healthy (finally) with tons and tone of new growth and a bazillion growth tips sprouting new growth everywhere. I've managed to almost kill this plant a couple of times and each time it died back, it sprouted more growth tips than it had before. I don't think there is enough time to catch up with scratch, but I'm still pleased with how well it has come back. It was touch and go for a little while. 

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Random shot of the 10 hydro plants I have growing this spring. We'll see how long I can keep them alive before I kill them this time. :rolleyes:

IMAG0267.jpg

Back