• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

I did not bring the plant back to the Caribbean with me! They have been inside my basement under artificial light. I am very much like you, wondering where the hell the sun is. We had SNOW HERE!! SNOW IN MAY!! Snow on May 1st-2nd... WTF is wrong with Nebraska??? My plants are all suffering and I am running out of grow space fast!

I did not bring the plant back to the Caribbean with me! They have been inside my basement under artificial light. I am very much like you, wondering where the hell the sun is. We had SNOW HERE!! SNOW IN MAY!! Snow on May 1st-2nd... WTF is wrong with Nebraska??? My plants are all suffering and I am running out of grow space fast!
What is wrong is that you don't keep it in the Midwest - you keep sending it on to us in the east. Our son lives in KC and they had a 80oF
day followed by snow !! So I know you are telling the truth. But if I had a home in St.Lucia, I would sure as hell be growing at least a couple of plants there! ;)

But if I had a home in St.Lucia, I would sure as hell be growing at least a couple of plants there! ;)

I just brought down some seeds this time with me. Got some revered recycled tire pots and they will be planted by the time I get back. It was a nice variety of 8 peppers of varying colours and heat and they will grow all year without an issue.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]WTF is wrong with Nebraska???[/background]

Why did you pick Nebraska anyway? Wouldn't Florida or Georgia been a bit closer to the climate you were used to?

I stuck my prik in the ground and took a picture.
S8aI2Pv.jpg

Should have done that a while ago.

pshngo, on 06 May 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:
"Gonna stick my prik in the dirt when its not so wet. and its hard so I will get a hoe to loosen up"

What you say ??? :eek: :censored: ??? Or is it just my dirty 'ol man mind at work?   :think: .

These plants are all looking awesome! Everyone's a winner in this contest.

Just a little update for you suckers than haven't found a good enough reason to give up all hope.

I just helped open a new restaurant in town this week, so I've been in the kitchen for 12 hours or more since Tuesday. Needless to say, I've been too tired after work to care much about anything, let alone my plants. Last night I got home and forced myself to find energy to get into the tent and do a little work.

This is what I found.

64657cfb7f772340207dbf65c3fe6017_zps453480f3.jpg

I was a good thing I got in there, because the plant had drank all but a pint of the nutrient solution. Good catch! Didn't have the energy to mix a new batch, so i topped it off with water, and went to bed. I'll be able to give it proper attention on Monday.

look at those flowers!

527aee4ff1bd2633f50f763b107c60c8_zpsd85a8f39.jpg

DWC is awesome!

Looking great scratch.

Mine is recovering nicely with a ton of new growth, but it is still relatively small, especially compared to yours. Pics one of these days.

Dan, have you considered taking out the spray manifold and going straight DWC? It wouldn't be that hard to do, and might boost your growth.

I've noticed this plant can handle a lot of stress pretty well. Like I said earlier, it was down to a pint of nutes and still going strong. I've also drastically changed nutrient doses several times, such as going from full strength to double, bouncing from a grow mix to bloom and back, and the damn thing hasn't even flinched. I don't check my ph at all. I mix a new batch, top off after a few days, and at the end of the week start over. After this competition is over I'm going to see how hard I can push this plant. I'm thinking about abrupt light cycle changes, withholding nutrients, extreme temps, anything else I can do to piss it off, because so far I haven't been able to.

Back