• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Hey, everybody is doing an awesome job! Congrats to all of you!

Here's my Monday update. I gave the girl a new batch of nutrients this afternoon. She's absolutely loving it under the HPS.
87f427f87a4ee3ac448f3c43a93c8640_zpsf8178a45.jpg

Tent is 2'x 3' so this shot gives you an idea of how much space she's taking up.
f644d5b6576ba0fa2c5764f258b1fe42_zpsfb79e908.jpg

And an up skirt shot so you can see some of the flowers.
18e11592cd613bc5cb79f1a381e586da_zps73819316.jpg

lock203 said:
Nice Scratch, but how are you gonna find all the flowers to hand pollenate?
I am willing to bet that fan provides more than enough movement to get that plant to pollinate. The PKN isn't like a superhot, it has almost no trouble setting pods. I don't think I have ever hand pollinated the PKN plant in my office.

Scratch is giving me serious thoughts about putting the HPS bulb back in and retiring my MH one. Even if I didn't 1/2 kill mine, it wouldn't be close to that big. It is about the only thing that he and I did different before I went to dutch buckets a month ago or so. 

Island_Dan said:
Ha you quoted him before he edited it! Thought you could get away with lying scratch?

Dan, I think you and your bung washer are feeling a little humbled. 

Alright Dan! You're doing great. That really took off after you made the switch to DWC. That'll look like something from Little Shop of Horrors in no time.

"Feed me, Seymore!"

Nice and healthy looking Dan! 

How tall is everyones plant? I started mine under a HPS, thinking it would only be inside for a month not 3. I'm pretty sure mine stretched quite a bit compared to others i have seen.

scratchzilla said:
Alright Dan! You're doing great. That really took off after you made the switch to DWC. That'll look like something from Little Shop of Horrors in no time.

"Feed me, Seymore!"
I am so surprised it took that high nute concentration without burning!

I will measure the height of mine today and take a side on picture.

I'll try to get pics up soon, but my double stemmed PK is about 2 or 3 inches tall and just starting to set buds.  Not as big and fancy as some here, but I predict a big growth spurt soon.

About 10" on my Lazarus plant. It is filling out nicely now that it has finally recovered from me almost killing it. 

20130523_195241.jpg

Back