• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown,,Tallest plant!!!

I bean round them thair parts...ma gal uz bern thar! An Iyum fram Tehexas muself so I am pert near fluint in dis har kinda talk.

Zeb, looks great! I will send you my personal info to include in your life insurance policy...

Ah livt'n Awstan, Texuz, fer whahle 'ar, Shane. Why, em folkz t'ain't aven frum thar, not oneum got nary way ter talkin atall! Sownd lahk tha taevee folkz. Ya gal bern hyar? Yer gotchee a hart-workar thar, son. Arount whut parts Texuz yer frum, Shane? Hits a rail beag plaece.

Moving in on my breathern NCer's death wish? Yep. :shame: Actually, on way back from half the yearly checkup with fam doc t'other day, down below the dam at Lake Rhodhiss aka "The River" . . . old houses leaning on sides of hills, some guys were out there with ladder on hood of old truck, safe, I suppose, rusted out truck sitting on rims, and I thought, "Taking Christmas lights down?" No; they were securing them back up. Can't say that I blame 'em because ya get something up there without killing yaself, best to keep it up, 365/24/7 ad infinitum. Youins play nice now. Annie

Got my seeds today! I vote for ground up measurements only. It's just way harder and cooler. Hmmm I think I know of a patch of 30 bamboo chutes. The tallest on has my name on it. This should be fun come hurricane/tornado/derecho season. Now I need to figure out how to stick a bamboo pole 8 feet in the ground. Yipeeeee.

Annie...born in Austin. Lived all over. McAllen, El Paso, Carrizo Springs, Corpus Christi...but I will be retiring northeast of Dallas near Sulphur Springs. Como, Tx to be exact...ish.

Dsh...thinking tall bamboo or some stout PVC. I think I will start small and let my support system grow/evolve with the plant...maybe a consolation prize offered for most ingenuitive staking of the plants...

this is a few years before i got tanned...heres my past grow....not pictured is the AEROGARDEN

20fters_zps0a387cfc.jpg

Is that a tomato plant? That's insanely tall!

When are we starting our seeds? I must have missed that part.

Annie...born in Austin. Lived all over. McAllen, El Paso, Carrizo Springs, Corpus Christi...but I will be retiring northeast of Dallas near Sulphur Springs. Como, Tx to be exact...ish.

Dsh...thinking tall bamboo or some stout PVC. I think I will start small and let my support system grow/evolve with the plant...maybe a consolation prize offered for most ingenuitive staking of the plants...

Shane, I know Como; we used to, driving back to Austin to avoid Dallas traffic, take some exit off 20 onto 30 or something: I discovered I-10 and shortcuts avoiding Houston and never went 20 much again. And you're close to couple lakes, I think. Or I recall lakes up that way.

Have access to bamboo and it would be far smarter to sink a little of a little and make whatever "containment device" grow with the BL.

Are we going to start a thread, after the 14th that is focused on growing our plants?

Make it easier to see the actual growing and less of the ancillary activities asociated with these threads.

Are we going to start a thread, after the 14th that is focused on growing our plants?

Make it easier to see the actual growing and less of the ancillary activities asociated with these threads.
Like it...smack talk here with maybe a pic or two and another thread limited to updates...

Back