• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

I had 7 as of this morning...out of 10 planted. I fully expect when I get home Friday to have 10 of 10...that Kevin sure gives out some crappy seeds! :rofl:

In the name of good sportsmanship...I will let you all know that I did germ them at a little lower temp than normal. (78 degrees) I also gave them a short soak in a mild H2O2 solution (10 minutes) then into a luke-warm soak in some freshly brewed weak tea for about 3 hours....

OK there is my one and only fo-real and true how-to. Nothing said by me from this point forward on this thread can be trusted. :shame:

fern123 said:
Are grown plants allowed in the competition , i started my plant 4 months.

For the prize packages, 4 months is alittle too much of a headstart. That is a full season for most folks! haha Please join in and post pics of your plant(s) though,we all want to see giants. I'm sure there are some folks that wouldn't be against some side action :lol:

stc3248 said:
I had 7 as of this morning...out of 10 planted. I fully expect when I get home Friday to have 10 of 10...that Kevin sure gives out some crappy seeds! :rofl:

In the name of good sportsmanship...I will let you all know that I did germ them at a little lower temp than normal. (78 degrees) I also gave them a short soak in a mild H2O2 solution (10 minutes) then into a luke-warm soak in some freshly brewed weak tea for about 3 hours....

OK there is my one and only fo-real and true how-to. Nothing said by me from this point forward on this thread can be trusted. :shame:
I germ on the low side as well. I keep my trays set around 80F. The tea soak is really cool too. These are good tips growers! Pay attention :) it will be the only help you get in this thread! Hahaha

I might have cooked my seeds. I checked the temp a few days ago and noticed the soil was around 100. I have them at about 75-80 now, but started 4 new seeds tonight in case they don't come up. This time I'm following the method stc3248 shared on germinating.

Looky what decided to bust out of his sleeve yesterday . It only takes one ;) . Just realized my spelling problems continue  :rofl:

photo_zpscf2754cc.jpg

Lovely sprouts guys, I'm jealous. Operated on mine yesterday, no action as yet. Everything else is germinating, Soaking some more seeds, paying attention to King Shane's methods, still hopeful! 

Roguejim said:
In open defiance of all your high tech germination tomfoolery, I present the "Mama's Casserole Germination Dish"!  And what's that menacing sight I see up front and center?  Oh no!  Another terrible 90 degree hook!!!

See the oven really does work!!!

I was wrong...only 9 of 10 up and running now...bet the other one still pops. True leaves coming in nicely on a couple, will post up pics later.

Back