• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

O.K. Germination Gurus, Nigel, Shane, and Kevin, I guess all your posts speak for themselves. I'm new and naive. Nigel had me thinkin about wool, Shane is the reigning king, BUT 28 and 33 degrees, really Kevin !? This is going to be one dicey competition, these boys are SLICK, I better go put my seeds in the snow while it's still here.

stc3248 said:
Hooks are for fishin...
GHvJ9KO.jpg

Plants...they're for whoopin y'all's a$$e$!
I found my seeds..... so im in!!! good luck to all except for shane he gets no good luck for this contest :rofl:

fiogga said:
O.K. Germination Gurus, Nigel, Shane, and Kevin, I guess all your posts speak for themselves. I'm new and naive. Nigel had me thinkin about wool, Shane is the reigning king, BUT 28 and 33 degrees, really Kevin !? This is going to be one dicey competition, these boys are SLICK, I better go put my seeds in the snow while it's still here.
Better put your big boy pants on...and some thick skin too...eff that snow. Pre-heat the oven to about 250 then pop them in there for 30 minutes then put them in the microwave for about 3 minutes...they'll pop for sure!

stc3248 said:
Better put your big boy pants on...and some thick skin too...eff that snow. Pre-heat the oven to about 250 then pop them in there for 30 minutes then put them in the microwave for about 3 minutes...they'll pop for sure!

No, they will be too dry to pop. I would soak them in water for 48 hours, then 3 minutes in the microwave to warm them up and dry them. Should work well.

I didn't do what I described above. That is why I don't have any hooks yet. :shh:

Jeff H said:

No, they will be too dry to pop. I would soak them in water for 48 hours, then 3 minutes in the microwave to warm them up and dry them. Should work well.

I didn't do what I described above. That is why I don't have any hooks yet. :shh:
Good point...I forgot to throw in the critical rehydration phase...prior to nuking them soak them in pure Clorox for 2 hours...can't believe I forgot that step! I used to use Kerosene...but there was that unfortunate fire incident... 

I'm officially in now. One sprout out of 6 seeds planted isn't setting the world on fire though. 

20140225_173013.jpg

HopsNBarley said:
Who'd a thunk the diesel fuel soak would have actually worked!
Damn shame I can't get them close to the lights for fear of burning the place down, but I got sprouts!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is a tallest plant contest. Just keep teh lights 6-7 feet away and you are sure to grow nice and leggy plants. They will be taller than anyone else's as they reach for the light. 

Back