contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

wayright said:
Cant wait to see the tree you grow from this one Eric!

Aji Chuncho are almost Tabasco hot,,but way tinier! very nice taste on em! :P  Like John said they burn real quick!

:cool:
Kevin
i really wish i could grow this in the 18gal hydro tote!  LOL if i can get a brain strain to reach 7' tall 7' wide and something like 15+lbs of peppers i can only imagine what this is going to do! :)

Glad we're doing this one. Awesome plant. Grew it last year for the first time. Huge plant with crazy production. Tiny peppers that taste almost like a Bhut with the heat of Tabasco.

9679898047_1bf9ae81ba_c.jpg

9679896749_3861c8c833_c.jpg

10028727253_f1bab919ff_c.jpg

9683134138_dd2cf8b3bb_c.jpg

Mine grew well over 7ft last year in one of the smaller (45gal) fabric containers.

Pepper-Guru said:
Glad we're doing this one. Awesome plant. Grew it last year for the first time. Huge plant with crazy production. Tiny peppers that taste almost like a Bhut with the heat of Tabasco.

9679898047_1bf9ae81ba_c.jpg

9679896749_3861c8c833_c.jpg

10028727253_f1bab919ff_c.jpg

9683134138_dd2cf8b3bb_c.jpg

Mine grew well over 7ft last year in one of the smaller (45gal) fabric containers.
I would not expect any less from a master grower such as yourself! :high:

Can I soak the seeds overnight before Feb 14?  Or maybe in a paper napkin before that even?  

jojo said:
Can I soak the seeds overnight before Feb 14?  Or maybe in a paper napkin before that even?
This is a pretty relaxed event. I think people soaked them the night before last year,just plant them on the 14th to be fair.. A soak overnight is not going to change the outcome,it is a marathon of a contest. The only real rule is to post pics,good,bad,or ugly.There was some seed nabbing last year,and that is lame.

I'll give it a good shot since I think I'm the only one in my neck of the woods.  i'll keep my fingers crossed that a swarm of locust takes out Pepper-Guru's 7-footer!  Just kidding...

Pepper-Guru said:
with any luck, she should get much bigger this year. She'll likely be in the ground under a mound of fungi laden mulch!

All things considered, I think it is the weather in the South, more than anything else, that contributes to not only your own plants massive growth and consequent poddage, but just about every plant I've seen grown there.  You guys have a leg up, no doubt.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Shane. With the birgit I don't think you can sneak it from her
Haha...I am only growing two small inground plots of peppers this year. even though I have added a couple here and there and with this one I think I will be at 8 varieties. Still a very small grow compared to the past couple years. I have two exact locations picked out for this one. I will stick them in there with my wilds and she'll never know... :liar:

stc3248 said:
Haha...I am only growing two small inground plots of peppers this year. even though I have added a couple here and there and with this one I think I will be at 8 varieties. Still a very small grow compared to the past couple years. I have two exact locations picked out for this one. I will stick them in there with my wilds and she'll never know... :liar:
What's one more plant?

Sorry Hon, that one must have been a volunteer...

Back