contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

Where are all the southern boys?????

Windchicken? Let's see you sequoiafy one of these.

Roguejim said:
All things considered, I think it is the weather in the South, more than anything else, that contributes to not only your own plants massive growth and consequent poddage, but just about every plant I've seen grown there.  You guys have a leg up, no doubt.
baaahhhhhhhhh........ getting plants outside alittle earlier is the only advantage they have. The contest is capped so it's the fairest possible. Not impossible to grow nice plants up north.

Just heard about this, would like to try it. Don't have any seeds though. Good opportunity to be forced to post photos, a feat I've yet to accomplish. I love a good contest, just getting ready to set up the fluorescents. 

Awesome you decided to join up Sandra! 
bee.gif
 seeds are on the way 

I have seeds packed and ready to send tomorrow for everyone who requested them so far.
Yall lemme know if I missed anyone

Spongey
Hops
STC    :shh:
Mill
Damon
Jeff S 
Electroid
Devv
Annie
Highalt
Peter
Meathead
Tyler
RogueJim
Fiogga

Still plenty of time folks! 

:cool:
Kevin

All things considered, I think it is the weather in the South, more than anything else, that contributes to not only your own plants massive growth and consequent poddage, but just about every plant I've seen grown there.  You guys have a leg up, no doub
Hmmm..I'll have a 3 to 3.5 month window between seed sowing and potential 100°, that means when it's really starting to kick the heats here and we're in keep it alive mode. I've never grown this plant, and hope it likes the heat! In my experience the 85° highs are where it's at. After Sept. 21st if I'm lucky it will cool down. But then it will want to set pods.

This should be interesting AND fun, and that's what it's all about!

Jamison said:
Alright lets give it a whirl again!   I'm in!  Have a much longer grow season down here in TN  compared to WI last year!  

Sweet , you need seeds J man ? 

Haha!!! Got my final Growdown 2013 prize package!!!
JlLowW2.jpg

Thanks Guru!

My strategy for this year...is no strategy. Same soil prep water and feeding schedule as my other plants and just let it do what it does, no training/trimming or pinching either. Last year I put a TON of work in on that plant and still barely pulled it off...interested to see how well I do without all the extra effort???

I probably do not have:
enough space,
a long season,
any clue what I'm doing
hell, I don't even live in CONUS

but I do have plenty of enthusiasm though and what a perfect way to make a complete fool out of yourself :)

I'd like to join.

lucilanga said:
I probably do not have:
enough space,
a long season,
any clue what I'm doing
hell, I don't even live in CONUS

but I do have plenty of enthusiasm though and what a perfect way to make a complete fool out of yourself :)

I'd like to join

Per our conversation you are more than welcome to join since you have access to seeds. Best of luck and remember to post monthly updates. 

Back