• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

Just posting as a formality. No where close to some of the other monsters. I really love this plant though. It will definitely be on my grow list next year.

wGTn4GS.jpg

AXbmlQj.jpg

Finishing up at about 44"

Congrats to the winner! This was a lot of fun everyone!

I've gotta say I had an absolute blast with this comp this year! Even after it was painfully obvious I had no chance of coming close. Congrats to either Shane or Kevin as to the eventual winner, you both grew some absolute monsters! And a special thanks to romy6 for setting the grow down up! Will definitely be saving a spot on my lost for whatevers decided on for next season. Hopefully one of the masters can share some secrets? Haha.

Nice work all. Shane and Kev,almost double digits for a chucHo is crazy. Like last year,this great plant is the true winner. Everyone that got to grow it for a first time,and interact with folks they hadn't before = double win!  There were some funny posts and a nice play on the variety name. hah

:dance:  :dance: Kevin, way to turn the gravity off on that plant. I will get you out a winners prize soon. Congrats again! :dance: :dance:  

@All,

Use this thread to offer suggestions for varieties or possible spins on next years contest.  All in favor of Romy6 organizing again say I.   :P 

I had so much fun participating in my first grow down. A big shout out to Romy6, Kevin, Shane, and all of you participating. Kevin, loved your video!!! I have a big box of goodies for you, including an okra chuncho concoction I think you'll enjoy. Can't wait for next years contest, I have some time to make a trip to Georgia with my truck and a shovel, maybe it's that secret clay????

"I"

Not sure if I will be able to play due to some Navy stuff happening toward the front end of the season, but I will follow long for sure! Goat's weed would be a great one...or the Romy Mystery plant...that thing is a beast!!!

Great work Kevin and Shane . Correct me if need be but it looks like te pepper warlock Kev is the winner by 2 whole inches . Congrats to all that played and especially to pr0digal_son and wayright for supplying te seeds . Kev I will get your price from me out ASAP ! Wayright 111 inches Shane 109 . Can't wait to see what we come up with next year .

I'm with Rich on these next season. I want to try to grow it tall too just for funs and log it in my glog.

I'm eager to participate in the next one.

Everyone grew great plants, surprised to see all the bushes. Peppers can be vigorous when they feel like it :D

There are so many different phenos of grey fuzzies that we'd have to have a single source for Goatsweed

Whatever it is, I'm down :D
I've never grown Bishop's Cap before but I have seeds for them, I had no idea they were potential monsters.  I've hear the same about Bahamian Goat

Congrats to both finalists. I humbly accept the ass whipping, not that I have a choice.

My aji pancay grew 7' in my climate, so you guys would easily exceed that height. It might be a worthy plant to consider.

Next Throwdown, I shall enlist the aid of the local canna shop. There has to be a way to defeat Kevin, and his ilk.  I have no class, and will not exclude any possible advantage!

I'm in next year, for sure! Romy, was it you that had a monster lava plant? :lol:

Yes, I know... That was a desperate attempt to get some of those seeds. Whatever you guys pick I agree that it probably should be from one seed source...

ikeepfish said:
There are so many different phenos of grey fuzzies that we'd have to have a single source for Goatsweed

I've never grown Bishop's Cap before but I have seeds for them, I had no idea they were potential monsters.  I've hear the same about Bahamian Goat

We have done one seed source the last two years(wayright),and you are correct,it's the best option. Another option would be to get whoever wants to compete, to order the selected variety from Judy. That way you get no seed mooching. That didn't happen this year though which made me happy.. The Birgy year was ridiculous,like 10 people got seeds and never even posted a thank you or seedling picture.

The Bishop's Hat does get very large and would be a good one,only problem is we did a baccatum in year one. That doesn't rule it out though. They are a great plant and tasty pod.

ikeepfish said:

It would be from one source,  me :D .  I haven't seen more than one Phenotype for a Goat's Weed.  I have a ristra of Goat's Weed that I harvested from my plant with I'm sure a couple thousand seeds in all the peppers.  

PSon brings up a good point tho in ordering from Judy or a single seed source.  

Is it true that Bahamian Goats grow exceptionally big for a chinense?  I think I read that somewhere.  I'm growing those next season too.

I grew a Bishop's Crown to around 13' a couple years ago...they can get freakishly huge. The tallest Goat's Weed I have ever had was around 6'...the Romy mystery (which I think is a tree hab) I got up to around 8'. 

I will probably only spectate next season...don't think I am starting any plants. :mope: New duty station and not sure I will be around enough.

Pr0digal_son said:

We have done one seed source the last two years(wayright),and you are correct,it's the best option. Another option would be to get whoever wants to compete, to order the selected variety from Judy. That way you get no seed mooching. That didn't happen this year though which made me happy.. The Birgy year was ridiculous,like 10 people got seeds and never even posted a thank you or seedling picture.

The Bishop's Hat does get very large and would be a good one,only problem is we did a baccatum in year one. That doesn't rule it out though. They are a great plant and tasty pod.

Why not do a praetermissum or a judys mystery? that would be an interesting grow

Back