• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

Haven't been keeping up with the pics, so I thought I'd post one up before these dudes hit the dirt.
Wind was blowin pretty good today. Hope they make it.
Y'all are killin it!

image.jpg

"When in the course of human events", an Aji Chuncho fails to perform as expected in a Growdown Throwdown, desperate measures are in order.  The fear factor should be employed without prejudice, as is being done here.  The "most terrible Rogue Aji Chuncho" has a simple choice: perform, or, die.  More to come...

Roguejim said:
"When in the course of human events", an Aji Chuncho fails to perform as expected in a Growdown Throwdown, desperate measures are in order.  The fear factor should be employed without prejudice, as is being done here.  The "most terrible Rogue Aji Chuncho" has a simple choice: perform, or, die.  More to come...

You crack me up Jim!

Show it the chainsaw!

I planted mine outside yesterday. Then added a newspaper weed barrier and some mulch this evening. Might should have let it grow a little more first, but hopefully it'll be fine. I do have a late sprout spare for backup if it doesn't do well.

Right after planting.

PxBpRRFl.jpg

With the mulch.

edBUNMxl.jpg

This is where it's at in my hot pepper garden of doom.

tle0iVel.jpg

I haven't updated my pics in a while because it really hasn't grown much.

20140507_190651.jpg

This sad excuse for a pepper plant is actually the strongest of the 3 that I have growing (barely surviving). I just watered it since it is fully hardened off now it spent the whole day in 80 degree weather and doesn't have any new growth to show for it. :mope:

They go in the ground Sunday. Hopefully the fresh compost can kick some life into this stalled plant.

Note to self: find the label of the bag of potting soil I bought and don't use it again.

Pepper-Guru said:

That one on the right has a broken pot. It's chances are gone. You should probably euthanize it asap before it spreads its sickness to the other pot. :D

Back