contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

stc3248 said:

Growdown contenders… Those look great, brothah!  Contenders for sure.

My growdown plants look really good...and are getting pretty tall, but they're getting outpaced by the Romy Mystery X Goat's Weeds thus far. They were all planted the same day. I have grown several over 9' and Paul G grew one of these out to 11' last year. Although they're not "stable," I am going to isolate seeds from my tallest specimens this year and if Kevin and Jamie agree will donate them for next year's grow down???
That would be awesome.  I'm almost afraid to grow another one!
romy6 said:
Got my prized pig out of the aero and outside with Mr. Golden Sun  :party:
He will chill on the porch for a few days
Then in  the dirt . Spicing up a hole for it  :fireball:
Looks like the leader so far, Jamie!  
Did you take my advice about grabbing the stem and pulling
firmly to extract the roots from the aerogarden basket   ;)

Is there a category for bushiest plant in the PNW?

PaulG said:
That would be awesome.  I'm almost afraid to grow another one!

Looks like the leader so far, Jamie!  
Did you take my advice about grabbing the stem and pulling
firmly to extract the roots from the aerogarden basket   ;)

Is there a category for bushiest plant in the PNW?

Dang man I forgot  :rofl:

My Thai said "Screw it we are going without pots holding us up this year." ;)
2015-04-04 005.JPG

wayright said:

:cool:  Hellz yea! 

That makes me happy,,,,I aint far ahead of you Noah

My biggest is still an inch tall..

soon we will be able to use this Southern climate to kick some booty

Kevin
I'm not to worried about being so far behind everyone.

So.... I was just about to create a post in the pest thread... regarding an issue which seemingly showed up over-night with the chosen LOTS.  None of my other plants are having the issue, but he chosen LOTS were potted up into premium soil a while back, and they have been given slightly more exposure to the sun and wind than most of the other peppers... they are all on the same feedings. 

You can see the damage here:
IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

But then I thought to check my other large orange thais, which were not chosen for the contest.  Lo and behold, they displayed the same symptom.  So I am thinking it is just a genetic thing... a cosmetic deffect?
IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

What do you guys think?  Anyone else seeing something similar?

Noah Yates said:

But then I thought to check my other large orange thais, which were not chosen for the contest.  Lo and behold, they displayed the same symptom.  So I am thinking it is just a genetic thing

Definitely a debilitating and tragic genetic defect. I would slash and burn those all immediately. No sense in keeping those mutant plants around. :D

Noah Yates said:
So.... I was just about to create a post in the pest thread... regarding an issue which seemingly showed up over-night with the chosen LOTS.  None of my other plants are having the issue, but he chosen LOTS were potted up into premium soil a while back, and they have been given slightly more exposure to the sun and wind than most of the other peppers... they are all on the same feedings. 

You can see the damage here:
attachicon.gif
IMG_0163.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0164.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0165.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0166.JPG

But then I thought to check my other large orange thais, which were not chosen for the contest.  Lo and behold, they displayed the same symptom.  So I am thinking it is just a genetic thing... a cosmetic deffect?
attachicon.gif
IMG_0167.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0168.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0169.JPG

mine seem to be doing a little of that, but not as bad as yours, I thought mine were getting heat stress. edit: too much humidity

Back