contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

Anyone else got this weird stuff going on with their plants???
p8j0pXb.jpg

Or am I the only one?

John!!! If anyone can push a problem plant to its max it'll be you. I'll never count you out brother!

I do in fact have strange things going on with my two contestants... firstly, although I have tried to cut one of the forks each time it has split the main branch, the plant continues to try to bush out.  So I said to hell with it, and now I am just letting it go.  Secondly, apparently ants really love those plants.  They are constantly running around on the plants, but there is no apparent damage. (I dont think they are farming scale, because I have not seen any honeydew or scale.)  Its just a strange phenomenon.  Other than that, things are just progressing slowely.  Not much growth to report.  The plants are literally just forking like crazy, and thats all they are doing.  The plants clearly do not want to grow tall.  

Yes, i have been pinching all flowers off for about 3 weeks now. It is forking like crazy. I top all but the tallest one. Trying to get the opposite of bushy plant. The bottom is starting to get bushy again, now that they have been growing back.....8)! I have about 8 tops again, about to prune it again, just near the top, but will leave the tallest fork.

Yeah they definitely have a bushy habit. There seems to be a sweet spot with the pruning... I topped all but the tallest on one plant until it looked like growth speed was impacted. I've let it bush out a little bit and vigor is back, but the pruning only bought me a couple of inches.

maximumcapsicum said:
Yeah they definitely have a bushy habit. There seems to be a sweet spot with the pruning... I topped all but the tallest on one plant until it looked like growth speed was impacted. I've let it bush out a little bit and vigor is back, but the pruning only bought me a couple of inches.
that couple of inches times 12 prunes will add up to 2 foot or something like that, maybe!

Oh, the irony!

My Big Bad Thai, the Chosen Contender, the one in the big pot with the extra $pendy soil, has been surpassed by a late starting runt growing in cheap mulch + coir, and fed light doses of cheap-ass Miracle Grow.  
Go figure....  :rolleyes:

The new 'monster to be' is maybe 16 inches tall - hardly worth mentioning around here - but I'll post some pics soon.

Here is the issue I have been seeing from the first set of true leaves with this plant. The leaves have  distortion like over ferting or aphid damage,but it's neither of those. Also showing etching on the leaves.  Then the snow white leaf ordeal and no roots. Not sure if I picked a genetic fuck up or what. An annuum sown FEB 14 should be throwing out pods or atleast flowers. I have pubescens that I started a month later that have pods on them. Frustrating!

18213448125_76d57cfbb7_c.jpg

Pr0digal_son said:
Here is the issue I have been seeing from the first set of true leaves with this plant. The leaves have  distortion like over ferting or aphid damage,but it's neither of those. Also showing etching on the leaves.  Then the snow white leaf ordeal and no roots. Not sure if I picked a genetic f**k up or what. An annuum sown FEB 14 should be throwing out pods or atleast flowers. I have pubescens that I started a month later that have pods on them. Frustrating!

18213448125_76d57cfbb7_c.jpg
Sounds like you chose a bad pheno, but there is plenty of over fertilizing in this thread. The leaf you show here is odd. Post the whole plant.

That is a genetic thing... I made note of it several pages back when my plants were just seedlings.  All of my LOTs display that leaf variagation.

Back