• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

I just noticed this pepper on my Hot Paper Lantern. It wasn't there a week ago. Am I winning? lol

20160224_123304.jpg

Still nothing from the first batch.   :mope:   Put another 3 in today.
So far this year I'm close to 75% germination, maybe even 80%. I don't think I did anything too stupid with the contest seeds.  Same temps, soil and moisture level as the others.  (But then again, I may just be too dumb to recognize my own incompetence.  :doh: )  

I've got a gob of OP Baccatum seeds I'd be happy to donate:  Bishop's Hat, Rainforest, Braz Starfish, Aji Angelo, CAP 267.

Sorry we will not be sending  any new participants seeds .

Sorry this really sucks for us and is gonna be a PIA how it is .

You are more than welcome to acquire seeds from anyone and join in though . 

We have decided to change the variety . As soon as you get you seeds you can sow . Once we all have( the 4 seed disperse rs )  the Peruvian Serlano seeds we will begin dispensing them .

May take a week or so before we can start sending them out . I will move the ending date if you guys want but I feel that would give us southern growers a uneven advantage . 

Thank you 

romy6 said:
 Sorry we will not be sending  any new participants seeds .

Sorry this really sucks for us and is gonna be a PIA how it is .

You are more than welcome to acquire seeds from anyone and join in though . 

We have decided to change the variety . As soon as you get you seeds you can sow . Once we all have( the 4 seed disperse rs )  the Peruvian Serlano seeds we will begin dispensing them .

May take a week or so before we can start sending them out . I will move the ending date if you guys want but I feel that would give us southern growers a uneven advantage . 

Thank you 
No problem man, I already read you were having some problems, hope all is smooth sailing from here on out, good luck!

Are you certain it would not be better to make a new start date so we know everyone gets a fair start?  The competition is already delayed... might as well make it an even start.  It will still be just as much of a challenge to grow the tallest plant in a shorter time frame.  Either way, thank you for putting on the competition!

Noah Yates said:
Are you certain it would not be better to make a new start date so we know everyone gets a fair start?  The competition is already delayed... might as well make it an even start.  It will still be just as much of a challenge to grow the tallest plant in a shorter time frame.  Either way, thank you for putting on the competition!

Lets here what some others say but I am fine with making a new date as well . 

Players please give us your opinion on a new start date or would you rather just sow when they arrive :) 

Peter S said:
I'm okay with having a new date. If everyone starts when seeds arrive though, I don't think a day or two difference between growers will affect the outcome by end of season. 

+1  I'm just happy to be along for the ride.... and not the only one waiting for the bus.  :party:

Thanks for hosting!!

Back