contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

Masher said:
Not sure if this is a transplant issue from separating the seedlings and cutting close to the roots or over feeding with seed nute solution ?

I have a couple others doing it as well but not to this degree.

Here's both of the LD's as of this morning.....will have to watch closely.
Doesn't look like overfeeding.  Keep an eye on the smaller leaves
as they emerge, if they look good, then you should be okay.  Usually
when I transplant seedlings I don't fertilize for a couple of rounds of
watering.  When potting up, I give them some B-1 'transplanter' to
ease the transplant shock, then begin fertilizing in a week or two.

Good luck - nothing worse than watching a seedling go down.

Thanks Paul  ;) 

The nute solution was my seed starting/rooting Clonex NPK is 1 - 0.4 - 1

I did keep the plugs watered in it to prevent drying out, but it's not happening to any of the other Aji varieties so far.

I'm leaning on transplant shock and / or nicked the root cutting apart the cubes that I put the seeds into the same hole.

tick tock.....good luck everyone.

MarcV said:
I don't think I'll ever go full frame although I'm convinced about the quality. I actually tend to steer away from shooting the reflex camera... too bulky! :D although the results are usually better.
Most of my shots are done with my Lumix LX100. I would love to shoot with a fujifilm X100T (or the new X100F) but that's a bit pricey at the moment...

Anyway... back to the lemon drop! :)

Sensor size isn't as important as lighting and lenses!

Pr0digal_son said:
I am not ready for mirrorless yet,let's see where it ends up in 5 years or so. Check out Hasselblads new mirrorless model. It is medium format!
 For video work nothing even comes close to my hacked GH2. Nothing.  
Pr0digal_son said:
The cost of pairing FF lenses to the bodies sucks but you will like the speed and dynamics you are going to gain.

It's all about low element count, high quality glass! Wether it's 70 years old or just made last year. Not many modern lenses can touch older lenses in terms of rendition.

Masher said:
Not sure if this is a transplant issue from separating the seedlings and cutting close to the roots or over feeding with seed nute solution ?

Probably just nipped rootsnor they hit something funky in soil, or it's your nutrient regiment. I say just stick to water until more new growth emerges and you can see whether or not the issue has passed.

MarcV said:

Scissors it will be, and larger pots as much as possible (they are now in small 1L pots), and some reflecting foil :)
I never intended to grow this many plants in the first place but it's so hard to choose which ones to grow and which not to. Last year I only grew 5 plants and that was actually enough. Now I'm at 13 plants, with the largest being the bisshops hat closely followed by the aji cito.

I use mylar gift wrapping paper, back is facing the plants and is like a mirror. Verify this before purchasing. I buy it at the dollar store for a buck a roll :shh:

I used some of that reflecting foil that is supposed to be put behing the heating elements of a central heating system. It reflects the light and also keeps the warmth of the lamps inside.

20170128%20110017%20D300S%2035.00mm%20f5%20ISO200%20DSC_0305.jpg

For me, I'm a fan of seeing a bit more size before hitting a plant with nutes. I'm making the assumption that you're bottom watering. The next time the cup gets light it probably wouldn't hurt. I'm currently using fish stank (fish emulsion) nasty smelling but it's great. I'm adding 1 tsp per gallon of rain water for now. And I'm adding 1" per tray of the 3.5" pots currently. Moving up to 1 tablespoon per gallon as they get a bit stouter, but less often. I switch to another product as they start to come to flowering. I do it by feel, a little here and there until the plant has the robust color you want to see. Better to add slow than too much and see the plant hating life ;)   I think all of us did that at some point way back when as we were starting out.

Devv said:
For me, I'm a fan of seeing a bit more size before hitting a plant with nutes. I'm making the assumption that you're bottom watering. The next time the cup gets light it probably wouldn't hurt. I'm currently using fish stank (fish emulsion) nasty smelling but it's great. I'm adding 1 tsp per gallon of rain water for now. And I'm adding 1" per tray of the 3.5" pots currently. Moving up to 1 tablespoon per gallon as they get a bit stouter, but less often. I switch to another product as they start to come to flowering. I do it by feel, a little here and there until the plant has the robust color you want to see. Better to add slow than too much and see the plant hating life ;)   I think all of us did that at some point way back when as we were starting out.
Generally me too...this round of sprouts I've noticed my plants telling me that I probably let the seed trays leech out and ph balance in the rain too long. 1 day wouldve been great, I forgot them for 3 straight days of drizzle. So.... I soil drenched them all last night before lights out with some diluted organic stanky...

Noah Yates said:
My seeds just hit the soil after a 12 hour soak Woooooooot!!!!   I had to let you all get a head start in order to have this be a competition  :P
attachicon.gif
IMG_4577.JPG
Now I'm skeerd, Noah   :eek:

Welcome to the race, buddy   :clap:

One month since seeds hit the Jiffy Pellets.  The
seed from Tradewinds is producing some nice
plants.  Tiny branch tips extending from the leaf
nodes.  These plants about 3 weeks since emerging:

IMG_4754.JPG

Masher said:

Mine are looking the same. I think they'll be fine. Sometimes light intensity or to much does that. Had some plants last year that did it. All ended up fine. We shall see.
image.jpg

Devv said:

Pepper-Guru said:
Generally me too...this round of sprouts I've noticed my plants telling me that I probably let the seed trays leech out and ph balance in the rain too long. 1 day wouldve been great, I forgot them for 3 straight days of drizzle. So.... I soil drenched them all last night before lights out with some diluted organic stanky...

My medium is Burpee-mixed coco coir, the seedling itself in peat pellet. If memory serves it's nute rate is .03-.01-.01. I've never seen water work through a soil like this before. I am using rain water, well...snow water.

Even on its pedestal it's trying to climb to the light, will need to devise a higher pedestal. It's my only contest entry, you know.... :mope:

stettoman said:

My medium is Burpee-mixed coco coir, the seedling itself in peat pellet. If memory serves it's nute rate is .03-.01-.01. I've never seen water work through a soil like this before. I am using rain water, well...snow water.

Even on its pedestal it's trying to climb to the light, will need to devise a higher pedestal. It's my only contest entry, you know.... :mope:
I got your back Eric. I'll mail you the plant I reject at plant out in May. :party:

Back