• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

6.jpg

Although a bit slow, I have a hook! :dance:

I really like the idea of being able to choose the best from a possible group of plants.

Mine are doing nicely so far.

Taken January 12th...
20170112%20172115%20DMC-LX100%2034.00mm%20f2.80%20ISO1250%20P1000919.jpg

Taken today...
20170114%20101227%20DMC-LX100%2034.00mm%20f3.20%20ISO200%20P1000922.jpg

I think it's about time to chose which one to keep. It's always sad having to let go the "unwanted" seedlings...

And an overview of all my chilli plants for the 2017 season. The darker plants on the right are "blue christmas" (THSC). They are already filled with flowers! :)
20170114%20100757%20DMC-LX100%2019.90mm%20f4%20ISO200%20P1000920.jpg

Enjoying all the hook pics over there. Unfortunately, I had no luck with my first set of seeds in paper towel. They just never sprouted. I started another three and placed them in a new bag with less water. I dont know what's happening on my end these days, I usually have no trouble getting seeds sprouted. Maybe I'm just a little impatient. Will probably throw some seeds direct in a starting tray later on. Guess I'll have to wait to finally share something with you all as well.

reelfunkedup said:
Enjoying all the hook pics over there. Unfortunately, I had no luck with my first set of seeds in paper towel. They just never sprouted. I started another three and placed them in a new bag with less water. I dont know what's happening on my end these days, I usually have no trouble getting seeds sprouted. Maybe I'm just a little impatient. Will probably throw some seeds direct in a starting tray later on. Guess I'll have to wait to finally share something with you all as well.
Best to gently squeeze the paper towel in your hand until most of the water stops gushing out, then its ready. Also best to leave open about an inch of the zipper for air exchange. It's just enough to exchange air, but not enough to let moisture out.

Also, just keep that baggie around because it may be good. Just late.

Pepper-Guru said:
Best to gently squeeze the paper towel in your hand until most of the water stops gushing out, then its ready. Also best to leave open about an inch of the zipper for air exchange. It's just enough to exchange air, but not enough to let moisture out.

Also, just keep that baggie around because it may be good. Just late.

Thanks, I think the first ones were too wet for too long. I've moved onto a much more reserved moisture level. Never left the bag open, but I'll try that, too. I ended up direct sowing a couple seeds for the hell of it. If everything pops, will probably give a couple away to friends and neighbors.

Back