• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

Repotted my candidates today

Zj0XCsW.jpg

Devv said:
One of the gals....

53.jpg

54.jpg

All 4 look about the same.
Beautiful example!

Do you have a special place in the garden for them? They should get huge by December. I think you have a good shot at this. My Aji Pinapples flowered all year to the very end. I think they and the Lemondrop are one of the same. My plants didn't mind the heat or full sun we have.

Good luck. Off to a great start my friend.

My seedlings motoring along now, space will soon be a problem... think I'm going to top/strip one and let the other develop naturally before choosing my champion.  Picture the warm-up fights in Gladiator and you wouldn't be far wrong with what is going on under my growlight at the moment...

Early laterals forming too which bodes well at this stage!
046eef490aab8f0fdc59674b1eb5e811.jpg

72f47d007ff35da22b73a313b4623633.jpg

stettoman said:

Sure! I bet Malarkey will even gift you a plant so you don't have to catch up! He's a real trooper, that guy.....

Seriously, the seed is all supposed to be from the supposed same batch, there are a lot of great peppers guys in this throwdown who might toss a seed or three your way. Me, I'm all done gived away already... :mope:

Don't matter to buy. plants can't be import :(
But the time I spend till know should not be a problame.
I just need to get real seeds.

Geonerd said:

How carefully do your postal inspectors look for 'contraband' seeds and plants arriving from other countries?  

Seeds most of the time no problame Just put a link from where to buy and I'll start do grow :)

ugh, something going on with my plants....they look a bit like this http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40071-help-id-nutrient-deficiency-manganese/

7Xx8l1s.jpg

Could I really have a nutrient deficiency this early on? I'll get pics tonight. 

They sprouted in rapid rooters then I potted up this a mix of Pro-Mix HP and this organic fertilizer

root-power.jpg

they are under a 400w metal halite light. 

Could it be too much light? Too much water? Those rooters are like sponges. 

ColdSmoke said:
ugh, something going on with my plants....they look a bit like this http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40071-help-id-nutrient-deficiency-manganese/

7Xx8l1s.jpg

They sprouted in rapid rooters then I potted up this a mix of Pro-Mix HP and this organic fertilizer

root-power.jpg

Dude! you already got flowers and pods? FROM SEEDS I MAILED YA? Hell boy, I hardly have a true leaf on mine.

On some of my other plants I have everything from what you got to purple vein to curling to cupping. My aji lemon drop at least looks normal-----ish...

ColdSmoke said:

7Xx8l1s.jpg

root-power.jpg

Bet your ph at the root zone is off.

ColdSmoke said:
That's a very real possibility. Suggest a remedy? I've never had pH issues or anything like this. 
Do a test. Either at the root zone or run off. Once you have a number, you'll know what to do, whether it's just feed ph balanced water for a while or add nutrients... That's the general approach, without doing a full soil test. Basically you need to know if it's lockout or deficiency. I happen to think your issue may be too high of ph, that's usually when I get intervenal chlorosis like that.

I know that pic wasn't yours but if it was then it's also possible it's an iron issue. You followed the "no" path to manganese but those veins pictured, were certainly differentiated from margins. So, really those are just guidelines that are generally good to follow.

iziko said:

Don't matter to buy. plants can't be import :(
But the time I spend till know should not be a problame.
I just need to get real seeds.

Seeds most of the time no problame Just put a link from where to buy and I'll start do grow :)

I have a few seeds left.  PM me your address and I'll send you a card.

dragonsfire said:
Wow those are nice and big, must be nice and warm their :)
Yes really toasty in the corner of my little office, we've had a few sunny days when I don't need asking twice to turn off the light and get the plants on the windowsills for some real sun too.

dennish said:
Hi the pots are 9cm, not sure on the volume... I'll next transfer to 1l / 27cm pots.  For me its a big juggling act managing space under my small T5 light rig and then windowsills until I can move outside to the greenhouse in early May, which is a loooong way off!   
Thanks! Just wondering to reference the plants current size.

Plants look great! What are you using for lighting?

U)<now said:
Thanks! Just wondering to reference the plants current size.

Plants look great! What are you using for lighting?

I'm using a Growlight Garden, which has 2 x Sunblaster T5 tubes.  I'm also using B&Q seeding mix (a big garden centre here in the UK) with about 20% perlite added and no additional nutes at this stage.  The potting mix contains some nutrients (enough for 8 weeks), so won't be adding anything else for some time...

Back