• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

Pepper-Guru said:
something tellls me ripe pods weigh more, so if people want to weigh in while still green, let them. More weight for us! Maybe... hahah
They probably do. But I figured that less energy going to ripening pods means more more energy going to producing more pods, but I don't know. I just want some ripe pods.

Hell, I'm not even part of the Throwdown. But I may start waying my pods, just to compare with y'all and see if I'm even remotely close.

Im still in this but most likely not winning. All the peppers I started from seed have been the same size for months! My store bought pepper plants took off in the ground no problem. What may be the reasons for stunted growth? Here is my Aji lemon drop in 15gallon as of this mornings. Hopefully it will wake up soon..

Attachments

• 20170522_091712.jpg
    20170522_091712.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 71
Grass Snake said:
Im still in this but most likely not winning. All the peppers I started from seed have been the same size for months! My store bought pepper plants took off in the ground no problem. What may be the reasons for stunted growth? Here is my Aji lemon drop in 15gallon as of this mornings. Hopefully it will wake up soon..
Well at least it is LEMON :)

I don't want to keep spamming plant pics, but the beast on the patio is going nuts. Inches a day I imagine. I'll wait another week and then post a pic so you can really see what I mean. Already trying to come out of the top and through the sides of the cage.

Plants in the ground have a good harvest of fruit on them already, but the container plant is just going nuts. Loads more flowers. Can't wait til first harvest. I may even wait until then to post pics.

Pepper-Guru said:
I don't want to keep spamming plant pics, but the beast on the patio is going nuts. Inches a day I imagine. I'll wait another week and then post a pic so you can really see what I mean. Already trying to come out of the top and through the sides of the cage.

Plants in the ground have a good harvest of fruit on them already, but the container plant is just going nuts. Loads more flowers. Can't wait til first harvest. I may even wait until then to post pics.

Spam away dude, we all live for that ;)

My goal was to go from seed to fruit. So I'm good. First serious year growing. Thanks for the compliment though.

Amazon, less than $15 if your interested ;)

I think you should hang in there; your plant is obviously doing great! And you certainly have the weather :dance:

Nice haul guys!

I like them sliced thinly and in stir fry and omelettes. Heck, I even pickled them last year with eggs.

Can't wait for some fresh pods. The frozen stuff isn't the same..... Is it?

Back