• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

NZ are still in this...

IMG7351FILEminimizer.jpg

Summary updated. If I've missed a photo you want on let me know.

https://onenote.com/webapp/pages?token=Dg6-TfcICZ4uFapXK7hpaeV3p-QMm17FctOM8e-ypoKQwfvU01t7P8qPqrxbzGhQagTeVLhi982dkpT6WBfRjOablx6ustwZ0&id=636525859029176180

violentglitter said:
The YBS seems to be growing a bit 'meh'. I've never used lights, never used jiffy pods. I'm not sure if the light is too low, the tips of some leaves are dark and the cotys are going light and one has fallen off.

Of course the other possibility is I over-diluted the diesel. Maybe I should do a kratky in a car battery instead. For sure!

I agree with the other comments posted.  Get those
dudes into the dirt with some nutes in it! The Jiffys
are great for germinating, but lousy for growing - just
nothing for the plants to use and they depend on the
cotys for nourishment..  As soon as the cotys are green,
I drop the pods into a cup of good soil for a few weeks,
then pot up to at least 2liter pots to await plant out.

I am a little bit behind some of you guys but a couple of mine are moving along nicely. I decided to hang on to the 4 that I have left so I can experiment a little with different soils, nutes, trimming, etc.. Updates to follow.
d0299f9ee0e56780681f8d5b937f898f.jpg
26a8b5c09e250602daee49277cf44564.jpg
4308dd50066da82fb7af65368db16557.jpg

Pepper-Guru said:
Everyones seedlings look perfect. That perfect heart shaped leaf with large lobey margins. Quite jealous. Will post back when I have something. Hopefully soon. Either someone poisoned the water well or my thermostat isnt accurate. Started over with a light, airy, sterile mix. Will see.
Dont forget the battery acid to ensure sterility....for the soil I mean..

Back