• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

Yes following your glog I kinda thought you may possibly know a source for isolated seed. Since I was just a spectator here I did not receive seed or participate my comments do not make any difference. I wasn't faulting the seed or source and I also liked seeing all of the different varieties. That one cold smoke grew out definitely being a worthwhile one to grow out again.

Mr.joe said:
Yes following your glog I kinda thought you may possibly know a source for isolated seed. Since I was just a spectator here I did not receive seed or participate my comments do not make any difference. I wasn't faulting the seed or source and I also liked seeing all of the different varieties. That one cold smoke grew out definitely being a worthwhile one to grow out again.
Really cool F1’s for sure. There was red and yellow sausage, orange, white/cream and what else?

I suppose you people thought you were safe! Ha!

Had to go back in time to find my last weigh-in...

internationalfish said:
Bringing my total to a positively flabbergasting... 70g.  :cool:

...and here you go:

slr.jpg

Which takes us to an absolutely stupefying... 86g.  :cool:

Look look what I found while cleaning up plants for the winter..

This plant is a fighter.. Still pushing out pods although totally neglected. I thought I was done for the season.

Total so far: 1724 g + 174 g = 1898 g.

I am going down fighting..

b9a1d6a751636778d0413299f001d947.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

ColdSmoke said:
My pods are all frozen but I'd be willing to share seeds. Are they viable after being frozen?

Seeds should be okay if frozen, as long as they
were dried first, and they are stored in low humidity.
Freezing wet seeds might cause them to split - just a
thought, I'm not an expert. But the world seed bank
in Svalbard, Norway stores their seeds well below
freeing.

saiias said:
Look look what I found while cleaning up plants for the winter..

This plant is a fighter.. Still pushing out pods although totally neglected. I thought I was done for the season.

Total so far: 1724 g + 174 g = 1898 g.

I am going down fighting..
Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Way to go, Sai. Sure you can't squeeze
out 102 grams to make an even 2K  ;) ?

internationalfish said:
I suppose you people thought you were safe! Ha!

Had to go back in time to find my last weigh-in...
...and here you go:
Which takes us to an absolutely stupefying... 86g.  :cool:
You might not have a ton, but what you have
looks good, 'Fish!

saiias said:
Not enough time.. lol.
C'mon, Man! Don't let that plant be a slacker!

Put it inside under a light and coax a few more
pods. You have until Dec. 31!

Walchit said:
Cleared off my 3 remaining plants yesterday, I should weigh them just for fun cause its a big pile.

attachicon.gif
20191029_184503.jpg

Indeed. Any pod counts. If it wasn't for green pods,
my total would have been way smaller     :rofl:   

Who are the top three or four so far?

stettoman said:

I suddenly don't feel so lonely....

I have a friend with a hog-trapping operation southeast of Abilene, says they're expecting a hard freeze tonight...Go figure Texas, ehyuh....
 Give me 50° at night and 70° for a month and I'll be happy. We made it through the 32-35°  SOK...was dry enough for no frost here on the ridge...

I have quite a few peppers left on my plant, but nothing even close to winning.  I did enjoy growing it, and using the peppers to spice up my dishes.  Saved plenty of seed for next year.

I didn't join the growdown this season but I followed it in the background. I'm really amazed by the quantity of fruits some of you can get out of one plant.[emoji50]

Now I'm very curious to know what next years grow will be! [emoji846]

Back