• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

floricole said:
This is the end my friends ....

Warning
D'ont ask my old Mom to water your plants during your vacation. She forgot my  Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

Aw!  It looks like it could still make it.  Just give it some water, once, and see if it comes back.  I've had some drop all of their leaves and still survive.  Over watering seems to be the biggest danger during recovery.  

floricole said:
This is the end my friends ....

xjgh79f.png

Warning
D'ont ask my old Mom to water your plants during your vacation. She forgot my  Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!
Don't lie.. you fell for the diesel fuel trick didn't you? Was that your only plant?

Pepper-Guru said:

So you're absolutely positive these stay orange. Looking back at my photos from last year, this is the bowl everyone's seeds came from... and you can see some have an orange stage during transition.

44202807120_deb0c7b933_b.jpg

We just got back in town Monday the 1st after 6PM, and picked yesterday. That particular plant is orange, none wanting to turn red. BTW, what's up with the gas prices in Georgia? Glad we rolled through with a full tank...LOL.
30-40 cents higher

CaneDog said:
Ha!  I'm on the board!  It'll be a while before I have any more pods though. I bet on another plant that's producing little pointy bird peppers and now this one's a bit behind.

20190703%20SLR600.jpg

All this talk of "green is better" no "red is better" I didn't know what the heck to do...
20190703%20SLR5050.jpg

I have one that came in like that, the pods are a little larger than a 22 lr shell. The wife was pulling pods, while I was hauling mulch into the garden and said "you can pull that plant, I'm not even gonna start to pick all those tiny pods". Of course the plant is 4 times larger than the "true" pheno plant ;)  She did say that when she was on her forth basket of pods..and I don't blame her..LOL

Devv said:

We just got back in town Monday the 1st after 6PM, and picked yesterday. That particular plant is orange, none wanting to turn red. BTW, what's up with the gas prices in Georgia? Glad we rolled through with a full tank...LOL.
30-40 cents higher

I know! Prices went up recently! Guess its our time. 

I definitely would be interested in trading for some of those orange seeds. Just let me know. Thats really cool.   

Thought I was done for a while, but this weekend's weather has been great! Biggest batch yet. The deer are really starting to agitate me, though. They keep scalping all my plants.
VQty2XQ.jpg

Also, a bit embarrassing, I just realized my scale will read in grams, too. All future measurements will be in grams!
5.7 oz (161 g) + 142 g = 303 g

Back