• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2020 - Fatalii

I grew Fatalis a couple years ago, big lush plant, this was my entire harvest:
20191231_100319.jpg

I doubt there's enough kerosene & battery acid soak to improve my odds, but hey, that's what competition's about, right?

Where are people voting? The first post of this thread says voting will be public but I only see four actual votes on this thread.

stettoman said:
I grew Fatalis a couple years ago, big lush plant, this was my entire harvest:
attachicon.gif
20191231_100319.jpg

I doubt there's enough kerosene & battery acid soak to improve my odds, but hey, that's what competition's about, right?

Where did you get that fatalii? Those look like really decent pods! 

skullbiker said:
Where are people voting? The first post of this thread says voting will be public but I only see four actual votes on this thread.

Beginning of thread, at the very top. You may have to press the "show poll" button.

Mr.joe said:
So you doubled my fatali harvest... showoff!

Fatalii is a crazy good producer! I'm excited it's in the lead. 

6089139494_9992ccf026_b.jpg

6089136802_91b22f9b49_b.jpg

6211093939_680db0c53f_o.jpg

35211867860_4f7fe9060e_b.jpg

34789679673_6ba32141d9_b.jpg

stettoman said:

Seeds came from Geonerd, who I haven't seen around much recently.

He also sent some powder. Not for my palate I'm afraid, a sharp intrusive kind of heat that, for me, makes it live up to it's name... :tear:
Interesting! While Fatalii can be damn hot at times, I find it easy to build a specific tolerance to. It really has always remained as one of my favorite peppers of all time. There is just a flavor in those original Congo Fatalii back in the early 2000's that can't be matched. I remember us all eating them and having what we called "Fatalii burps" all day. The weird thing is...the burps were refreshing and not unpleasant in anyway. 

Pepper-Guru said:

Beginning of thread, at the very top. You may have to press the "show poll" button.
That does not show up in tapatalk at all, had to open a fricken browser to see it. I grew fatalii years ago and did not really care for them, but, we will see.

skullbiker said:
That does not show up in tapatalk at all, had to open a fricken browser to see it. I grew fatalii years ago and did not really care for them, but, we will see.
That explains why you didn't see it. I grew a fatali years ago as well. It was not something I planned to grow again either. Now I bought seeds so I'll give it another try.

We like Fatali and grow it every year.  It's very productive but late for us ..... Got to start early and hope for good weather.  

I've never grown the fatalii but it quickly became a favorite after buying a SFRB from a member here.  I fermented them and made a sauce that came out great!  Actually I'm on the last bottle and every time I see it getting more empty I start feeling withdrawal symptoms coming on. :rolleyes:
Since I can't get anymore fresh pods this time of year, I was able to buy some powder from THP member AmFarms and it arrived yesterday.  Gonna try making sauce from powder.

IMG_2021.jpg

I had to re-bag the package on the left.  I sliced it when opening the package.
They also added a bottle of reaper sauce. Probably try that tonight. 

Pepper-Guru said:
Fatalii is a crazy good producer! I'm excited it's in the lead. 

6089139494_9992ccf026_b.jpg

6089136802_91b22f9b49_b.jpg

Hey, Rich, is that the Fatali Mother Plant you were
growing back in the early 2010's? that was a beast,
alright!

Okay, ordered Fatali seeds from SSE.
Shipping is more than the cost of the seeds.

Will ship after Jan. 2. Since they have been
closed for a number of days, there may be
a backlog of orders to get out, so we'll see
what happens.

skullbiker said:

Yeah...full version mode from your browser will be the best experience on most forums. 

Mr.joe said:
That explains why you didn't see it. I grew a fatali years ago as well. It was not something I planned to grow again either. Now I bought seeds so I'll give it another try.

Right?!

PaulG said:
Okay, ordered Fatali seeds from SSE.
Shipping is more than the cost of the seeds.

Will ship after Jan. 2. Since they have been
closed for a number of days, there may be
a backlog of orders to get out, so we'll see
what happens.

I ordered as well....

Seed Savers is gonna be like.... "whoa what the heck is up with all these Fatalii orders?!" buahaha

Tybo said:
I've never grown the fatalii but it quickly became a favorite after buying a SFRB from a member here.  I fermented them and made a sauce that came out great!  Actually I'm on the last bottle and every time I see it getting more empty I start feeling withdrawal symptoms coming on. :rolleyes:
Since I can't get anymore fresh pods this time of year, I was able to buy some powder from THP member AmFarms and it arrived yesterday.  Gonna try making sauce from powder.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2021.jpg

I had to re-bag the package on the left.  I sliced it when opening the package.
They also added a bottle of reaper sauce. Probably try that tonight. 

Nice post the recipe please :drooling:

Back