• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2020 - Fatalii

bpiela said:
Ok.  Seeds acquired.  Ready to go!

KHP1pZq.jpg

Those don't look yellow.  Is it just my computer or is the package pic that orange color?

saiias said:
Seed savers fatalii are orange.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I hope not...

I will be growing, what I hope to be OG Fatalii this year. It will be fun comparing the two. I actually obtained a few reliable lines from someone that I was referred to. I'm really hoping for the real deal in them. I will know as soon as they germinate. There is a look. Then will certainly know when fruit sets in. 

There is just a flavor that the real Fatalii had that no other pepper quite does for me and my people. There is a refreshing Fatalii burp you get from them. 

Ruid said:
Their hottest pepper is the Fatalii? LOL!

The OG Fatalii from Congo is plenty hot. 

Order received. Seeds are soaking. No gasoline left (electric car...), hopefully some lacquer thinner will do the trick. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• Fatalii1.jpg
    Fatalii1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Fatalii2.jpg
    Fatalii2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 75
saiias said:
Fruits ripen from green to orange

Habanero-type with citrus flavor

Plants grow to 30 inches

Very hot pepper

90 days from transplant

These are the details from their website.

What is the OG Fatalii? I find no info via google.

saiias said:
Fruits ripen from green to orange

Habanero-type with citrus flavor

Plants grow to 30 inches

Very hot pepper

90 days from transplant

These are the details from their website.

I read that too...one man's orange is another man's yellow..sometimes...either way...

Joshuap2000 said:
What is the OG Fatalii? I find no info via google.

The original Fatalii that came out of the Congo back around the turn of the century. Much longer, straighter, 4 lobes running the length of a bright yellow pod, with hell fire heat and one of the most incredible flavors of any C Chinense. 

Here are mine, mixed in with Savinas and Congo Chocolates from around 2003...

3216362787_6f660cd2f5_b.jpg

3217215956_534d8c8b47_b.jpg

Ah the good ole days...back when I convinced my apartment complex to let me rip out their bushes to plant my peppers...

Back