• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2020 - Fatalii

Pepper-Guru said:

I read that too...one man's orange is another man's yellow..sometimes...either way...

The original Fatalii that came out of the Congo back around the turn of the century. Much longer, straighter, 4 lobes running the length of a bright yellow pod, with hell fire heat and one of the most incredible flavors of any C Chinense. 

Here are mine, mixed in with Savinas and Congo Chocolates from around 2003...

3216362787_6f660cd2f5_b.jpg

3217215956_534d8c8b47_b.jpg

Ah the good ole days...back when I convinced my apartment complex to let me rip out their bushes to plant my peppers...
These are great pics!  Healthy plants, beautiful pods!

Pepper-Guru said:

I read that too...one man's orange is another man's yellow..sometimes...either way...

The original Fatalii that came out of the Congo back around the turn of the century. Much longer, straighter, 4 lobes running the length of a bright yellow pod, with hell fire heat and one of the most incredible flavors of any C Chinense. 

Here are mine, mixed in with Savinas and Congo Chocolates from around 2003...

3216362787_6f660cd2f5_b.jpg

3217215956_534d8c8b47_b.jpg

Ah the good ole days...back when I convinced my apartment complex to let me rip out their bushes to plant my peppers...
Nice, I hope to have some yellow's growing this year if they ever sprout. Here was the last time i grew them before i got hit with white flies.

Attachments

• peppers.jpg
    peppers.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 70
Okay, y’all might as well put away
your seeds for next season.

I didn’t even soak these  :snooty:
5CF397BC-8279-462F-9BAA-360F62904844.jpeg

Got my seeds today. Y'all in for a world of hurt

By the way, I was on another forum, and noticed the mention and link to yet another forum where they are doing another "Where's the real Fatalii"? grow out. They've chosen like 5 of the main vendors...(left out seed savers for some reason) and are growing them all to compare.

I'll be the first to tell you right here right now...

This year will be the year the Fatalii comes back. Not only did I gain a connect in Africa and were sent his best stock from 3 different years, but an old friend just messaged me tonight and showed me a photo of a pack of the Original Fatalii from back in the early 2000's that I had sent him. The pack was from 2005 that I sent him (so VERY likely seed stock from the same time of those 2003 photos I posted). He has kept them in refrigeration every since. He sent them back to me tonight. There are also other packs I sent him at the same time then, that I've since lost due to carelessness. Those are coming back too. The original Hoyt Saxton Pumpkin Habaneros red and yellow. Never ceases to amaze me the meticulousness of some of the people in this community. Makes me very grateful for the folks who paved the way early on in this hobby. 

I went back through my inventory and have located (3) other sources besides SSE.  I can't find the lineage on the one I usually grow.  I also found a pack that has "unknown trade" on the package.  No telling how old those are.  Considering starting some of all.   :crazy:

While talking to sse I learned the pack with a picture of orange peppers grow very small plants with only a couple peppers. Apparently the green pack grows giant plants completely loaded with slightly more delicious peppers. Hopefully everyone has the green pack since the others simply can't win

Mr.joe said:
While talking to sse I learned the pack with a picture of orange peppers grow very small plants with only a couple peppers. Apparently the green pack grows giant plants completely loaded with slightly more delicious peppers. Hopefully everyone has the green pack since the others simply can't win

Ha!
I got my seeds today and got the same green package.  There's 250 seeds in there!  No way I need 250 seeds.  I checked my order and I screwed up somehow. :hmm:
Well, looks like Mr.joe and I have the only chance!  Mine are soaking in denatured alcohol right now to kill off any germs then they go into mineral spirits overnight to soften the seed to prevent helmet heads.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Same 1214-1613 lot number just 250 seeds!

Back