• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2020 - Fatalii

Pepper-Guru

Extreme Member
Everyone knows the rules: Whomever gets the most weight of one single plant, from Jan 1 2020 to Jan 1 2021 gets crowned the GROWDOWN THROWDOWN KING .... then others have to send you cool stuff. 

Voting for participants only. Votes will be public and by casting a vote you agree to actually participate. 

Here is the list that will be included in the poll options. 

Aji Effin' Limo
Clavo Red
Aji Pacae
Datil
Rocoto Aji Largo
Caribbean Red Hab.
Serrano Tampequino
Aji Amarillo
Chocolate Hab
Fatalii
Scotch Bonnet
Leviathan Gnarly Scorpion
Jalapeno Brown
CAP 691
Aji Charapita
Bahamian Goat
Papa Dreadie Scotch Bonnet
Aji Benito
Orange Thai
Orange Carbonero
Aji Panca
Sri Lanka Chili Red - Crosses Only
Khang Starr Lemon Star Burst

Rules: 

No seeds germed before Jan 1 2020

Any grow method is allowed.

You may sprout MANY but you must chose ONLY ONE as your growdown entry plant. That decision can be made anytime before your first harvest weigh in, but not after. 

All harvests are to be weighed and photographed.

At midnight O'One on Jan 1 2021 the Growdown Throwdown KING will reign supreme. 

May the best grower win.  

stettoman said:
Geez Rich, that's some (effin') list. Is there a chance of maybe doing a runoff, at least if there is no clearly dominant candidate?

There never seems to be any close races on these votes. I think we will know a lot by the 1st...and yes...we are little late getting to this for people to hit dirt on the 1st BUT! We will be close. 

Harry_Dangler said:
Voted. Couldn't find Effin' Fatali so voted for Fatali.  Yellow, red, white, chocolate ..... etc.

I likely will too! It's my all time favorite. 

Everyone keep in mind that this is just phase one...

If a pepper wins that the members don't already have enough seed for to send out to everyone, then we will all have to agree on a single source and make our own individual orders...we have roughly 24 more hours to decide what, then the WHERE FROM! 

DontPanic said:

I'm not the official gate keeper, but in the past we've tried to haul in as many participants as we can.

So, for now, at least vote!

Thanks for the reply.  I'll vote.

Tybo said:
Can anyone get in on this?

Anyone can participate, but by voting you commit to actually participating. In the past, there were many to get seed, but few to participate. We've been doing away at that more and more as years go by. This year by the looks of things so far, with a mere 24 hours left to go, it looks like Fatalii is in a strong lead. If it ends up Fatalii, I went ahead and did some leg work and think that this site seemed to be a good source for everyone to get them at a very affordable price: https://www.seedsavers.org/fatalii-pepper

24 hours left! 

Just to be proactive I ordered fatali seeds from the link guru posted. The website says they are closed for the holidays and ship in 1 to 3 days so should have seeds around the 5th maybe not bad. If we end up growing something else, no big deal can't have too many seeds can we?

Pepper-Guru said:

Anyone can participate, but by voting you commit to actually participating. In the past, there were many to get seed, but few to participate. We've been doing away at that more and more as years go by. This year by the looks of things so far, with a mere 24 hours left to go, it looks like Fatalii is in a strong lead. If it ends up Fatalii, I went ahead and did some leg work and think that this site seemed to be a good source for everyone to get them at a very affordable price: https://www.seedsavers.org/fatalii-pepper

24 hours left! 

Sounds good.

Do all participants use seeds from the same vendor?  I'll place an order with seedsavers asap if so and that is the vendor agreed on.

Looking more and more like fatalii! Which is gonna rock. I’ll check back in tonight when the fireworks are all done and close the poll, get the thread named to the reflect the chosen cultivar and we will then all order our seeds from an agreed upon place. If Fatalii then seedsaversexhange

Back