• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2022

Growdown Throwdown 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody else having any luck?
No! The plant is full of flowers but they all drop (same for my two other Rocoto varieties) and time is running out fast...

I soaked my seeds in diesel for an extra long time, so maybe that helped 🤪
I have 3 backup plants that are producing pods quite regularly and one that has several hundred flowers but no pods.
I used Ocean Forest in my growbags, maybe that helped.

Wait!...What?...Can it be?...NFW!

Pepper - Farm Locoto IMG_20220831_150152604_HDR.jpg Pepper - Farm Locoto IMG_20220831_150152604_HDR~2.jpg

100% of my flowers have dropped to the ground...hundreds of them. Not a single pod. Weirdest thing I've ever seen
Same story for me buddy; we're definitely not having a great season overall around here but still, I would have expected at least 1 pod! My plant is full of flowers & flower buds too but even hand pollination does not help. Some flowers seem pollinated but a few days later the peduncles turn yellow then they fall.

Go figure... 🙄

1662679566026.png

Had a few more ready this morning.

0929220634.jpg

Up to 755g now.
Slow down now!!!

Ok guys, this first picking is a lousy 586 grams, and is NOT from my contest plant. I repeat, NOT from my contest plant. I almost forgot about these on my back up plant in the main patch, and it’s time to deseed, so some were a bit ripe. Anyway…here is a 586gram first pull off the #15 gallon plant. Isolated back up. Non contest pan.

02BBA510-3635-4585-86A2-BD6C79FB8E47.jpeg

As for the update on the contest plant. Let’s just say, “something” happened, I’m working through it, I will only harvest once this year if at all from the plant, and I’ve been documenting it the entire time, so you will all get to see a recap of it at the end of the season if I finally get anything from it.

For now, Guru total: 0 grams

Slow down now!!!

Ok guys, this first picking is a lousy 586 grams, and is NOT from my contest plant. I repeat, NOT from my contest plant. I almost forgot about these on my back up plant in the main patch, and it’s time to deseed, so some were a bit ripe. Anyway…here is a 586gram first pull off the #15 gallon plant. Isolated back up. Non contest pan.

02BBA510-3635-4585-86A2-BD6C79FB8E47.jpeg

As for the update on the contest plant. Let’s just say, “something” happened, I’m working through it, I will only harvest once this year if at all from the plant, and I’ve been documenting it the entire time, so you will all get to see a recap of it at the end of the season if I finally get anything from it.

For now, Guru total: 0 grams
Whoa what? 😮

Last edited:
Back