• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2022

Growdown Throwdown 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1027221744.jpg

Up to 806g now :dance:

Who is the current leader? Do any of you still have pods to harvest?

Who is the current leader? Do any of you still have pods to harvest?

I think Crazy Monkey is king of the hill.

Absolutely. @Crazy Monkey whooped butt!

Totally unofficially Official scoring for 2022 Farm Locoto Growdown Throwdown (edit: updated thru 1/10/23):

Crazy Monkey - 1226g
skullbiker - 566g
DontPanic - 145g
ColdSmoke - 104g
Downriver - 70g
Sinn - 48g
Bou
Broussardsfarm
Capsicum Connoisseurs
dragonsfire
Laytons Mission Sauce
michalsiegel
NateMitch
(there could be more)
Very disappointing competition for most folks....except CM! KING of HILL :clap::woohoo::clap::cheers:

So, as is tradition, please send me your info @Crazy Monkey, so you may reap your spoils!

Last edited:
Its been fun to watch these treads over the years. When does a new Growdown usually start? I've been thinking it could be fun to grow "against" someone :P
@Pepper-Guru is in charge and we usually vote on the next GT variety in early January (after the new King is crowned👑).

I kept waiting for some of the peppers on my Growdown Throwdown plant to ripen up, but that freeze right before Christmas forced my hand.

Here's what my contest plant looked like right before the freeze.

mmCmDv1.jpg

Let me know if the green peppers don't count, it's not like I'm going to win anyways.

But here's the weigh in of my green peppers.

yeBfC07.jpg

aGCUh4J.jpg

Last year, it would have been no problem to over-winter this plant, but this last freeze was something else.

My final count is 145 grams (if green peppers count).

That one big one in the center is actually starting to turn red, so I'll have one ripe one.

This was actually a very quiet growdown... only 12 forum pages (for now) compared to...

25 (2021 XL antep aci cross)
52 (2020 fatalii)
104 (2019 Sri Lanka chili red)
70 (2018 yellow brain strain)
76 (2017 aji lemon drop)

ðŸĪ”

This was actually a very quiet growdown... only 12 forum pages (for now) compared to...

25 (2021 XL antep aci cross)
52 (2020 fatalii)
104 (2019 Sri Lanka chili red)
70 (2018 yellow brain strain)
76 (2017 aji lemon drop)

ðŸĪ”

...not a lot of production, so not a lot to talk about. :(

Back