• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2023

You agree to send your SASBE for the seeds, to PARTICIPATE and send back bulk seeds to me.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sister line. You must not be using a high enough concentration on your Epsom salt/diesel foliar spray. Try mixing directly in watering can together!
e6e.gif

IMG_7104.jpeg
I don’t know what happened today, but when I got home from work I saw a lot of yellow on my competition plant. All counted, it’s 47 buds dropped and still a few more with yellow heads but firm roots on the plant. It wasn’t even that hot today and no pests. This could be from a slightly longer time between fertilization a couple weeks ago but at this point it’s too late to tell.

Still loads on the plant, but it hurts to lose that many in one go.

Last edited:
Nice load of pods, I read somewhere that the pods ripen faster if you brush them with battery acid.......just sayin'.

When we were kids, my brother and I decided to open a car battery next to a pile of freshly ironed clothes. My mother wasn't too happy the next day when she noticed that all the clothes had holes in them. So no, I'm not going to try it on my peppers haha

IMG_7104.jpeg
I don’t know what happened today, but when I got home from work I saw a lot of yellow on my competition plant. All counted, it’s 47 buds dropped and still a few more with yellow heads but firm roots on the plant. It wasn’t even that hot today and no pests. This could be from a slightly longer time between fertilization a couple weeks ago but at this point it’s too late to tell.

Still loads on the plant, but it hurts to lose that many in one go.
have the same issue at the moment. we had a pretty strong heatwave followed by storm, plant is probably pretty stressed out.

Im finding the longer you leave them to ripen, the darker and more pronounced the stripes are. How about you guys?! Once they get that deep pink, sunset, orange sherbet thing going on, it’s about time for the stripes to come on.

Finally, a few ripe pods (65.2 g! Shitty shapes and not much stripes yet, possibly because of the endless heat wave we are going through and the monsoon rains of the last 2 weeks! A couple more to come soon and many little ones starting to form.
Rock on :fire:

1690416548831.png

Jalapeno Growdown:

My J. Chernobyl are coming along slowly but nicely. Better brace yourself y'all as I expect nothing but fatties out of them🤜

1690740779976.jpeg

Back