Growing Jolokias and Habaneros in the Philippines

pods!

9419688c.jpg

70c4d87f.jpg

fatalii lol

081dd006.jpg

Excellent pictures of your farm my friend. Very nice looking plants and and pods you lucky punk. You are going to be overrun with plants in your beautiful little garden areas.
I wish it was warm enough here to enjoy watering and watching my plants grow outside.
Best wishes to you this year.

Just finished reading the thread. Looks like you took a lot of care and expense getting everything together. The help from the pepper community here & elsewhere is also a nice development.

Just finished reading the thread. Looks like you took a lot of care and expense getting everything together. The help from the pepper community here & elsewhere is also a nice development.

thanks! i do fully appreciate all their help. i would not be able to grow any of these without any success without them. specially for the people who have donated and gave me tips along the way.

expense? yes, quite a bit. since i dont really have a job and i'm still a struggling culinary student, it's quite expensive. sacrificed quite a bit of my allowance to get things going. and then some.

Excellent pictures of your farm my friend. Very nice looking plants and and pods you lucky punk. You are going to be overrun with plants in your beautiful little garden areas.
I wish it was warm enough here to enjoy watering and watching my plants grow outside.
Best wishes to you this year.

thanks! i sure hope so. it will be warm in your place soon. =D

Franzzz... what do you feed them ?
those leaves are huge.!!!

dude, they just look huge, it's just a close up. =D

i feed them my regular regimen of the local version of bio-em, seaweed fert, bat guano, compost, and chicken manure. =D i fiddle around with my mixes from time to time. find out what's good and what's not. i also use wood ash and ash from burnt leaves from the garden.

Seeing lots of green pods really makes all the time and effort put in feel worth it. :woohoo:

The only thing better is when they fully ripen I spose, I'm still waiting for that one. :rofl:

Well done Franz. :onfire:

yes, i'm quite happy with it!

my first chinense almost ripening completely. took it off the plant before the birds get it.

44c45d26.jpg

dissection will soon follow on the weekend.

hi franzb69, great grow log..., looking at your pictures i can see that you have several plants with broad mite attack(new leafs) and calcium deficiency (old leafs) , try to get some insecticidial soap or any other acaricide, and some calcium for your plants... ;) , hope it helps.

Do any of your neighbors eat chilies, aside from the local variety (siling labuyo) that you mentioned, or will you just have enough peppers for your personal use?

Just saw this entry after reading about some hot wings:

Bird's eye chili (Thai: พริกขี้หนู, RTGS: phrik khi nu, IPA: [pʰrík kʰîː nǔː], literal: mouse dropping chili; Tagalog: siling labuyo) is a chili pepper of the species Capsicum frutescens L. in the family Solanaceae, commonly found in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines and Singapore.

Back