• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Guerrilla gardening

bentalphanerd said:
Pam - Would you consider submitting a small percentage of your seeds to growing a more cold tolerant plant - you may find it gets better every season/generation ...eventually you should be able to grow without any problem aside from fewer pods on those plants for a while.

Hello? *points at self* Baccatuum Girl, here. They already show more cold tolerance as a species in my experience. There are exceptions, of course, but as a whole, they performed and survived better in my hoop house experiment than the Annuums or Chinense plants.

And I am growing Aji Rojo plants from two different sources this season because they are said to tolerate light frosts.

So, yeah, it is an area I am exploring.

McGoo said:
Dont forget the drop bear, vicious little buggers.

Yeah, know that little bugger. Fierce little relative of the coalas. He waits in a tree until a biker passes and then jumps on the biker's head to take a ride.

Armadillo said:
Yeah, know that little bugger. Fierce little relative of the coalas. He waits in a tree until a biker passes and then jumps on the biker's head to take a ride.

My neighbors had a pet monkey when I was young that ran around loose in the summers, and he would do something that. He'd wrap his little legs around your neck and grab a hank of hair in each fist, and you could *not* get him off.

Of course, he was a real monkey, not a snipe.

Pam said:
My neighbors had a pet monkey when I was young that ran around loose in the summers, and he would do something that. He'd wrap his little legs around your neck and grab a hank of hair in each fist, and you could *not* get him off.

Of course, he was a real monkey, not a snipe.

That's about the behavior they report of the Australian drop bear. The Bavarian Wolpertinger is worse.
531px-Wolpertinger.jpg

Back in LA me and Dave Reed did this constantly. We'd walk around during the day and find a perfect spot for some Ameranth or tomatoes or what ever we had spair of. Then afte a late night of smoking and drinking we'd go out planting. We'd also leave a sign saying that they have been Guerrilla Gardened and what the plant was.

Pam said:
And I am growing Aji Rojo plants from two different sources

*looks sheepish*

Three different sources.

Well, you know, I was catalog fondling last night and, well...

I have several voluteer native bird peppers that came up in the pot and I'll be going gorilla a couple spots by the lake and maybe on the nature trail on Honeymoon Island.I'll wait till they get a bit bigger.They do well supposudly in sandy soils.

Hey Bent, my first attempt at guerilla gardening has been a success! I have around 8 sprouts that have come up in my ex missus garden. Don't know what type they are, time will tell the story.

All i did was throw around twenty seeds into a garden bed!

Back