• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

'Guess the hot musky lure and win a box of pods' CONTEST!

Pr0digal_son said:
Nice contest. Reef Hawgs,Suicks,Believers....brings back memories. I didn't think they sold that stuff anymore.
I think they sill make reef hawgs in Sandstone, MN, but I'm not sure. I know they still make believers and suicks, but the ones pictured are not new. I can't keep up with all the new lures out there, nor do I care. I stopped by a local musky shop this afternoon and saw crainkbaits going for $65 that looked really poorly homemade. The diving vanes were just common plexiglass, and looked like they would snap clean off the first time you bumped some rocks. They had some other big handmade crainkbaits that looked good, but they were $93. I know the 'oldies but goodies' work, so I tend to stick with them. Btw, I'll be fishing Dryberry lake. Ever heard of it, or fished it? Ive been there many times, and truly believe world record fish are in there (both muskies and lake trout) Awesome lake. Not a "numbers" lake for sure. It's a deep and rocky musky/trout lake that doesnt get fished much, almost no weeds, and all the muskies I've seen there are extremely girthy. Huge smallmouth bass there too, but that's not really my bag...

Back