• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

'Guess the hot musky lure and win a box of pods' CONTEST!

We will also be doing some downrigging for lake trout on this trip. The lake is 400+ ft deep, and I truly believe it holds both world-record musky and trout.

A fellow THPer, jbeer32 will be coming with me on this trip. This is him with his big trout from last year...

Yes, I have topped that one by 4 inches since then. ;)
Another pic of the same fish...

Here he is with one of his 3 muskies he caught on that trip.

It wasn't his biggest, but probably the best pic I got in a hurry. ..
Heckle said:
You eat musky, musky?
Oh hail no! Once they are in the net, we usually go to town with bolt cutters to get them back in the water as soon as possible. Hooks are easy to replace...

If a picture happens, it happens. The #1 goal is to get them back swimming asap.

Edit:
Actually, looking at the facial hair, I don't think it was the same trip. He came up twice last year. I want to say the trout was july, and the musky was September...

Man I am so jealous of your fishing trip! I had caught northern pike when ice fishing which was tasty. Never had musky however. Actually I don't think I have gone fishing once this year so I would have been jealous over you catching gold fish in a bathtub at this point lol

He's bringing these
aap_rods_large-515x1024.jpg

And the winner is mpicante who picked #9! Congrats!

My biggest musky (of 2) was only 35.5 inches. We caught 4 total between the 3 of us. We got some bad weather that I think turned the fish off, and we only got to fish for about 2 days total. It was still a fun trip though.

Here's a (bad) pic of the fish in the net as I get ready to unhook it. If you look closely you can see I have the back hook with a pair of pliers and I'm about to insert the jaw spreaders with my left hand...

A couple pics of a black bear swimming across the lake. They can really move in the water...

And a nice sunset...

Thanks to everyone that participated. I have 2 more trips coming up soon that will be longer, and I think I'll do similar contests for them.

Awesome contest Musky. I didn't enter, as if I did, I would have wanted the prize to be some of your shore lunch walleye, and you weren't fishing for them.

Back