• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrs. blues.

The Blues Kitchen.

She wanted new granite counter tops.

And tile.

Heres the pics.

IMG_1522.JPG

She did the tile her self.

Looks good huh?

IMG_1523.JPG

I don't like to be liking commies.

But I reckon.

I do like to be liking their guns.

Thatern' in the pics.

Its a Bulgy.

Sorta' commie.

But Americaficated.

And the steel Polsky mags.

Are the shit!

paulky_2000 said:
Gettin' my polish on.......

BEFORE:

jVUp5dx.jpg

AFTER:

xRLkuLC.jpg

BEFORE:

39ApzfQ.jpg

AFTER:

frSToDd.jpg

Yes.....I'm crazy enough to attempt to sand and polish a thousand dollar revolver.......

...I think it paid off! :party:
take it from someone that has worked in a metal finishing shop for the last 30 years that you have done well. was it done on a bench grinder with a buffing wheel attached? 

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
take it from someone that has worked in a metal finishing shop for the last 30 years that you have done well. was it done on a bench grinder with a buffing wheel attached? 

Thanks!

nope, that was a handjob.....

.......what?

texas blues said:

paulky.

He's in the navy.

They know how to do some shit.

But.

He can't tell you about it.

He works for the government.

Improvise, adapt, and overcome!

Thinking this might be my next purchase. Anyone here have any experience/input? I believe that some many years ago that is was called the Police Carbine and was offered in 9mm and 40 cal. (wished I'd bought one then)  The draw being that it accepted (at the time) Ruger pistol mags. I watched recently (I'm a big fan, suppose many here are) hickok45 on youtube with his take. That being said, does anyone here have first hand knowledge on this gun? 

rugerpc2.jpg

WarrantMan said:
Thinking this might be my next purchase. Anyone here have any experience/input? I believe that some many years ago that is was called the Police Carbine and was offered in 9mm and 40 cal. (wished I'd bought one then)  The draw being that it accepted (at the time) Ruger pistol mags. I watched recently (I'm a big fan, suppose many here are) hickok45 on youtube with his take. That being said, does anyone here have first hand knowledge on this gun? 

attachicon.gif
rugerpc2.jpg

I'd love to set up an outdoor range like hickock45.

WarrantMan said:

attachicon.gif
rugerpc2.jpg

I do.........but you knew I probably would!  ;)

- The two magwell adapters give you options. Personally, I utilize the Glock magwell because my only Ruger pistols are of the P-Series flavor (P85, P89, P90) and those magazines wont fit. 

- The peep sights are excellent......probably because they both live out on the barrel (because it's a "takedown" model). Accuracy is great out to 100yds. I haven't tried anything past that:

04wDSJB.jpg

Once I moved up to a red dot (Holosun 403), I was able to dial the carbine in so well that it'll shoot out the primers in a 12GA shotgun shell from 25 yards (from a bench, of course).

EwjgY1V.jpg

- So far, I haven't discovered any ammunition it doesn't like. Shoot what'cha got!

- The trigger weight and reset are both really good, considering it's basically just a copy of the unit used in the 10-22s.

- The charging handle is capable of living on either side of the receiver. But, me being me, I opted to run TWO charging handles......one for each side. I just have to be different!

eUPpsO7.jpg

- Disassembly for cleaning is a bit involved and requires tools in order to complete.....but is not complicated. Cleaning and reassembly can be finished in 20-30 minutes.

Overall, it's built like you'd expect a Ruger to be built. It's sturdy and just works. I've never regretted buying mine......and I paid full retail when they were just coming out (and damned near impossible to find!)

j2qYqPk.jpg

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please feel free to ask!

texas blues said:
You stinkin' swabby.

All of those.

Wonderful guns.

And not one pic.

Or even a single pixel.

Of a can of potato salad.

Blowed up.

And you claim to be from Kentucky.

For shame.

For.

Shame!

I am working up to that, my brother!!

But.....

.....my camera man and stage-hand (twins) have grown up and moved away!

More debauchery to come........I promise!

paulky_2000 said:

I do.........but you knew I probably would!  ;)

- The two magwell adapters give you options. Personally, I utilize the Glock magwell because my only Ruger pistols are of the P-Series flavor (P85, P89, P90) and those magazines wont fit. 

- The peep sights are excellent......probably because they both live out on the barrel (because it's a "takedown" model). Accuracy is great out to 100yds. I haven't tried anything past that:

04wDSJB.jpg

Once I moved up to a red dot (Holosun 403), I was able to dial the carbine in so well that it'll shoot out the primers in a 12GA shotgun shell from 25 yards (from a bench, of course).

EwjgY1V.jpg

- So far, I haven't discovered any ammunition it doesn't like. Shoot what'cha got!

- The trigger weight and reset are both really good, considering it's basically just a copy of the unit used in the 10-22s.

- The charging handle is capable of living on either side of the receiver. But, me being me, I opted to run TWO charging handles......one for each side. I just have to be different!

eUPpsO7.jpg

- Disassembly for cleaning is a bit involved and requires tools in order to complete.....but is not complicated. Cleaning and reassembly can be finished in 20-30 minutes.

Overall, it's built like you'd expect a Ruger to be built. It's sturdy and just works. I've never regretted buying mine......and I paid full retail when they were just coming out (and damned near impossible to find!)

j2qYqPk.jpg

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please feel free to ask!

Thanks! Couldn't ask for better!!  :cheers:

Nice guns, this is definitely the year we will be packing heat & I dont mean just the ghosts. Not sure what to get, kinda want a hand gun that has good range and a large cal. Any suggestions?

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Nice guns, this is definitely the year we will be packing heat & I dont mean just the ghosts. Not sure what to get, kinda want a hand gun that has good range and a large cal. Any suggestions?

For concealed.

Glock G43 9mm.

For deep concealed.

Kel-Tec P32 32acp.

For super secret.

Up the ying yang concealment.

Seecamp 32 .32acp.

Those are my go to work carry guns.

For when I can't carry this.

Full size SA 1911 Mil Spec .45acp.

IMG_0003.jpg

And I carry that.

Because I can't conceal carry this.

DSCF0585.JPG

The most important question for carry is this.

Does it go bang ever time?

All of the above do.

On another note.

I can conceal carry a 1911 all day long.

And nobody is the wiser.

But when doing physical labor.

It beats up the gun.

So I go smaller.

I.E. the .32's and the 9mm.

On still another note.

I have 2 of ever thang.

Because.

Two is one.

And one is none.

Have mercy.

paulky_2000 said:

I am working up to that, my brother!!

But.....

.....my camera man and stage-hand (twins) have grown up and moved away!

More debauchery to come........I promise!
And what are those hooligans up to? I remember an update a couple years ago.

If the lovely talented lady is still in the picture, I'm sure she can handle the cell phoane camera. Just sayin`!!! :lol:

texas blues said:

For concealed.

Glock G43 9mm.

For deep concealed.

Kel-Tec P32 32acp.

For super secret.

Up the ying yang concealment.

Seecamp 32 .32acp.

Those are my go to work carry guns.

For when I can't carry this.

Full size SA 1911 Mil Spec .45acp.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0003.jpg

And I carry that.

Because I can't conceal carry this.

attachicon.gif
DSCF0585.JPG

The most important question for carry is this.

Does it go bang ever time?

All of the above do.

On another note.

I can conceal carry a 1911 all day long.

And nobody is the wiser.

But when doing physical labor.

It beats up the gun.

So I go smaller.

I.E. the .32's and the 9mm.

On still another note.

I have 2 of ever thang.

Because.

Two is one.

And one is none.

Have mercy.

Lol nice suggestions for concealed carry, Im looking for non concealed home carry. Something that if someone decides they want in my house will put a hole that a golf or tennis ball can fit thru lol

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Lol nice suggestions for concealed carry, Im looking for non concealed home carry. Something that if someone decides they want in my house will put a hole that a golf or tennis ball can fit thru lol

Its not about the size.

Of the calibre.

Or the hole it makes.

its about.

What you can shoot accurately.

Get proper training.

And find out for yourself.

What works best for you.

A shotgun with 00 buck is great.

But not if all you can hit.

Is your garage door.

And your car.