• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched their promo right up till they acclaimed it "Loud as a Sonic Boom."
WTH, does that make it somehow more effective, reliable or something?

ChileRelleno said:
I watched their promo right up till they acclaimed it "Loud as a Sonic Boom."
WTH, does that make it somehow more effective, reliable or something?
I didn't understand the " loud As a sonic boom" thing either. I like the gun, i would like to own one. looks to shoot .22 mag which is a pretty healthy little bullet. I definitely wouldn't wanna get shot by even one if them. The jury is still out on if that is more dangerous than just getting shot by a single .45. Personally I'm not a fan of a rimfire for a carry gun.

Mr.joe said:
I didn't understand the " loud As a sonic boom" thing either. I like the gun, i would like to own one. looks to shoot .22 mag which is a pretty healthy little bullet. I definitely wouldn't wanna get shot by even one if them. The jury is still out on if that is more dangerous than just getting shot by a single .45. Personally I'm not a fan of a rimfire for a carry gun.
For me, nothing smaller than a .380acp for self defense, my favorite pocket pistol is my Kahr CM9.

ChileRelleno said:
For me, nothing smaller than a .380acp for self defense, my favorite pocket pistol is my Kahr CM9.
I'm not sure a .380 is any healthier than a .22 mag. Here in this county they will only allow you to carry a 9mm or larger with your ccp.

Mr.joe said:
I'm not sure a .380 is any healthier than a .22 mag. Here in this county they will only allow you to carry a 9mm or larger with your ccp.
I'm so glad I left SoCal back in '96.
I'm originally from San Diego, and that city/county is damned anti-gun now.
When I was growing up people still had gun racks in their pickups, they'd practically have a SWAT team on them now if the thugs didn't steal them first.

ChileRelleno said:
I'm so glad I left SoCal back in '96.
I'm originally from San Diego, and that city/county is damned anti-gun now.
When I was growing up people still had gun racks in their pickups, they'd practically have a SWAT team on them now if the thugs didn't steal them first.
I hear ya. I've grown up here and it really is upsetting to say the least. I own a few ar style rifles and the hoops I have to jump thru is crazy. If I thought any of those laws actually help at all I'd be all for it. I live in san bernadino county which is better than some, but still.

Newest "pistol" in the stable:

jzohbjf.jpg

1k5278j.jpg

I gave the last one to my dad for Father's Day.....

.....I built this one to replace it!

(I think mine is nicer...;)  )

paulky_2000 said:
Newest "pistol" in the stable:

jzohbjf.jpg

1k5278j.jpg

I gave the last one to my dad for Father's Day.....

.....I built this one to replace it!

(I think mine is nicer...;)  )
Very nice, I wish more guys would make magazines and furniture in burnt bronze coloring

Finally have access to a range. Been so long I dont know what good ammo is, hear allot of people grumbling with reliability.

tested out 9 diff types and the Federal had the best grouping and no jams. My target pistol hates copper coated ones or hollow points.

eQZoSfo.jpg

fGhxuLa.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Finally have access to a range. Been so long I dont know what good ammo is, hear allot of people grumbling with reliability.

tested out 9 diff types and the Federal had the best grouping and no jams. My target pistol hates copper coated ones or hollow points.

eQZoSfo.jpg

fGhxuLa.jpg

Looks like a good group. Rimfire pistols always seem to have a favorite ammo. Find what works and stick with it. Fun to get out and shoot something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back