• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

I wonder that too... I'm really tempted to give it a try but I'm just not sure I can pull it off without pissing everyone in the neighborhood off lol.

I do have a half acre yard though and there is a far corner I could stick a bucket in.

Hmmmmm. *scratches head*

...and you only feed once all season with it?

windchicken said:
Nice Rich! Looks like you've achieved max blossom set! The pod load will be insane!
 Thats the mission my man! Its all about the yeild! And a happy garden :) 
holyhotpeppers said:
Nice Rich!
  Thank you sir! Good to see you stop by the glog!
Devv said:
Wow, still haven't read everything but don't have to, to say just amazing.

Last night while reading a saw a pepper tree taller (or close to) than you...now that is way cool!
  Yep, must have been one of the mothers or the BrainStrain from last year. These pepper plants love the airpruning and organics :)
Trippa said:
There is going to be some serious podding going on there Guru. But I would not expect anything less from you and now with that fish hydrolysate things should be cranking along even faster!!
  I should have enough to spread around this season! Be looking out for care packages!
holyhotpeppers said:
Do you happen to draw in wild animals with that stench? I am sure racoons and the likes would come running on my acre of property if I cooked up some fish brew.
  Ya know, its funny. The only time i have the coons diggin around is when I throw some into a planting hole with an inground plant. They leave the container plants alone, but it never fails...the minute I water my guerilla plants with the stuff, the coons get me that very night and try to dig down to the bottom of the planting holes. I learned my lesson there and now use "Coon Mats" patent pending...lol Just some plastic or metal screen cut into squares, a line cut up through the middle for the stem and then place them on the surface of the planting hole and cover the rest of the way with soil/mulch....they try to dig but give up....plant lives! The end. Look up "Harry's Coon Mats" on grasscity. He had quite the good idea :)
OZZZ said:
I wonder that too... I'm really tempted to give it a try but I'm just not sure I can pull it off without pissing everyone in the neighborhood off lol.
I do have a half acre yard though and there is a far corner I could stick a bucket in.
Hmmmmm. *scratches head*
...and you only feed once all season with it?
Yep its stinky bro. Very stinky. I don't really need to feed them at all with the soil mix I make up for them but I just like to recharge the soil food web with the Native American tradition. I figured they were here for tens of thousands of years making beautiful gardens and understanding mother nature so why not try and mimick them? :)

can you make it to strong? Last year I made some, diluted 1:1 and still burnt 2 plants almost to death. I have some going now with about 15 pounds of fish in a 30 gallon trash can--that sound about right?

That's very strong. If you have that much fish to use, I would mince it up into some saw dust, add some lacto and a sugar source, then go 3:1 with water. 3 parts water to one part fish as a rule. I only used about 5 lbs for this 40 gallon batch and it was quite strong but I wouldn't worry about it buring. 15 lbs of fish is a good bit :)

It's gettin' hot in hur...

Sucks that the coons dig your shit up..I buried 60lbs of fish in the garden this year and luckily no vermins came investigating. The Indians lived off the land; simple, efficient, organic and safe. They created their own symbiosis with Mother Nature....that is until we came in and gave them all small pox...

When you say; chop up, add sawdust and lacto, are you talking about throwing all of that into the water or are you saying; let it compost and then add to water?? Lol (talk about a run on sentence)

GnomeGrown said:
Guru,

I spent a few hours reading your 2012 glog today then I registered for THP.

Impressive growing, dude.

:woohoo:
Awesome! This is a pretty damn good place to grow peppers :) Glad to have you on the forum. What you got growing Gnome? 

All these showers are making the girls grow very quickly. Some got a bit too heavy and wanted to "lean with it" this afternoon. I fixed that little ish' real quick. 

9081120134_0ef07f8b50_b.jpg

I really enjoy reading your input...just glad I don't live in a subdivision with you as my next door neighbor..and the fishy stank...LOL.

Thanks for your posts!

Back